cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call sender communication channel in sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts

My requirement is to poll a directory for "yesterday"'s file. Since the file pattern in sender communication channel does not have this ability I have done a sender communication channel A that operates in TEST mode, runs a shell script - this script looks for yesterday's file - FL20130714.txt (via shell script code) and moves it into a temporary folder.

This channel only has a sender agreement and polls every half an hour.

Another sender communication channel B polls on the temporary folder (wip) with the file pattern FL*.txt at every half an hour and moves it to the destination ftp folder.

How do I set a priority on the 2 comm channels so that A always polls before B.

Meaning if channel A polls at 5 pm channel B has to poll at 5.30 pm.

Or can I have channel B pass through channel A so that the file gets moved to the temporary folder first and then is present for the channel B to pick up and process.

Thus can I have a sender adapter pass through another sender adapter via adapter module processing?

I have seen an example where the passthrough can happen via a receiver adapter (refer http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/FILE+to+RFC+to+E-mail) using the RequestResponseBean and ResponseOnewayBean.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>How do I set a priority on the 2 comm channels so that A always polls before B.

Meaning if channel A polls at 5 pm channel B has to poll at 5.30 pm.

You can schedule channel A to half an hour before to the channel B and give the polling interval to 1800(30 mins) it will work

>>>Or can I have channel B pass through channel A so that the file gets moved to the temporary folder first and then is present for the channel B to pick up and process.

Unfortunately we dont have this option in SAP PI.

Thanks,

Naveen