Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory Credit Card in Sales Order

deiamolina
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've trying to configure the system to do not save Sales Orders without credit card information when the Payment Term were Credit Card.

Is it possible to do that by configuration or we need to change by user exit?

Thanks,

Andréa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202002
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Andrea,

Because SAP doesn't associate Payment Terms with the Payment Card business logic it isn't possible to accomplish this with configuration.  However you can do it with code.

I believe I've done this before by adding code to USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE.  I can't find a sample off-hand, but it is essentially something like this:

• Check if the Payment Terms (VBKD-ZTERM) are equal to your custom credit card payment terms (EX: VBKD-ZTERM = 'CCRD')
  • If the Payment Terms are a credit card payment term then check that VBAK-RPLNR is NOT initial.  In other words, VBAK-RPLNR must have a value.  If it does NOT then a credit card has NOT been entered on the order.

At that point you can throw an Error/Warning to the user and require the user to go back and either change the Payment Terms to something else or to enter a credit card.

Regards,

Eric Bushman

www.paymetric.com

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Please, see the document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25041 for payment card processing. After, research the proposal by Eric.

Regards

Eduardo

Jeffm42
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

I'm interested in the document you linked in your post, but I'm unable to view it. Was it a private document? The link is http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25041

If it's not private, could you pass it on please. Many thanks.

regards,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

There is no standard configuration for credit card based on the payment terms. In general, if you want to make the credit card field mandatory you could use In-completion procedure configuration.

Regards,

Debadeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me know the approach you took to resolve the situation...