Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Local printing

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to configure SAP Local printing and I want to know if It's possible to use a Device Type like SWIN or SAPWIN:

SAP System: NW 7.0 EHP1

Platform: Windows server 2008 R2 / Oracle 11G

Access Method: C

I have tried using the SAP device type for the printers I have (XRW002 for Xerox), however, the printing is not coming aligned. In every information from SAP it says that you should only use the Device Type for the printers model with Access method: C (local)

Regards,

JAM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never had a good time using direct connections from SAP to a printer.  Some options that might work for you:

• Do you have a print server already setup in your environment for end users to print to for other documents?  This might help you: http://scn.sap.com/community/output-management/blog/2013/06/22/leverage-a-windows-print-server along with SAPSprint software on the print server.
  • Have you looked into Front end printing and send the output to SAPGui on the user's PC and let their Windows driver take over how it should look on the hard copy.
  • I have had mixed results using SAPWIN for all my print outs, some documents had to use POST2, as an example.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all, Finally, I configured remote printing with SAPSPRINT service.

regards,

JAM

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark your answer correct for future viewers to know how this was resolved.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jam

You can try SAP S Print method (Access Method S), it's very easy to assign the printer drivers in the Host Spool server. (Any type of laser printer will support in this method because you are going to define the printer drivers in the windows based machine, not on the SAP system). Only thing you have define the SAPS Print service in any one of the Windows based system.  In our environment we have more than 400 printer are connected in the production system

Device Type = SWIN

Access method = S: Print using SAP Protocol

Host Printer Name = Test

Destination Host = (Host spool sever which running the SAPS Print Service on any one of the Windows based system IP address)

and also kindly go thru the SAP links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile711/helpdata/en/d9/4a91ac51ea11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm

Thanks & Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using Frontend Printing, i.e. to the user's default Windows printer, then set the following:

Device Type = SAPWIN

Device Class = Standard Printer

Access Method = G: Front End Printing with Control Tech.

Host printer = __DEFAULT (that's two underscores and the word "DEFAULT")

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Graham