cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloadin PD 16.5 SP2

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm looking forward to downloading PD 16.5 SP2, which includes the 64-bit version of PD, but why-oh-why have they combined the 32-bit and 64-bit versions into one huge (2,925,384,014 bytes) ZIP file? I'm now on my third attempt to download it. My first two attempts were (only!)  1,829,605 KB and 1,843,062 KB.  We don't all have access to super-fast broadband.

Am I the only one having problems downloading it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the link is broken at the moment.

"An error occurred while processing your request."

arnaud_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I started again a couple of minutes ago and it is downloading fast. But my transfer rate is very high (around 1.3 MB/s)

May you let me know what url you used?

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My URL is http://origin2.sybase.com/swx/17069/EBF21530.zip. I'm now trying to download it for the fourth time. My transfer rate is usually around 300 Kb/s using mobile broadband, and a lot slower using the landline. ....

I forgot to say that most of my download attempts finish after 176 bytes, even after a reboot (like the one I did just now).

arnaud_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

PowerDesigner team is aware of the situation and they are working on distributing lighter files.

There is a workaround to download each file separately but I recommend you connect SAP Product Support to get these direct urls communicated.

thomas_duemesnil
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried the same Download and got this message

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #172.746a59d9.1374057549.191fda2 

Any news on the topic ?

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. I now have my S-user id, and I've filled in the support from for the URLs. Fingers crossed.

arnaud_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

PD 16.5 SP02 setup package was split in two on http://downloads.sybase.com to reduce file size significantly. There are now:

- EBF 21644: PowerDesigner 16.5 SP02 x64

- EBF 21643: PowerDesigner 16.5 SP02 x86

For info, EBF 21643 contains:

- PowerDesigner165SP02_Portal.exe

- PowerDesigner165SP02x86.exe

- PowerDesigner165SP02x86_Proxy.exe

- PowerDesigner165SP02x86_Viewer.exe

and readme.html for a total of 1.4 GB.

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, I've been able to download both versions separately.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I download the 64 Bit Version of PowerDesinger 16.x ?

The mentioned link to Sysbase above (http://downloads.sybase.com) just redirekt to SAP Dwonload but there I can't find anything, there my request here.

Any Ideas?

thx Alex

arnaud_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

To download the software, you need to follow the steps listed below:
Connect to SAP Software Download Center
Select Support Packages and Patches > A-Z Index > P > SYBASE POWERDESIGNER > SYBASE POWERDESIGNER 16.5.
In Support Packages and Patches - P, click SYBASE POWERDESIGNER 16.5. Do not select SYBASE POWERDESIGNER SE 16.5.
Click SYBASE POWERDESIGNER 16.5 then Windows on x64 64bit.
The screen is refreshed and displays all files available for the selected release and platform.
Newest entries are:

- POWDES165004P_2-10013312.ZIP EBF 23827: 16.5 SP04 PL02
- POWDES165004_0-10013312.ZIP EBF 23435: 16.5 SP04 x64

If you do not see PowerDesigner in the list, you may be connected with a S-User that has no permission for PowerDesigner. You can contact the SAP Customer Interaction Center for confirmation: https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/call1sap

HTH,

Arnaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnaud,

I was following the steps you mentioned above.

However I do not seem to be able to find the general installation package for PowerDesigner 64bit. Or you could you maybe point out which of these it is supposed to be? They all look like patches and service packs to me 😕

This is probably due to being in the category "SUPPORT PACKAGES AND PATCHES" when following your suggested navigation above. But even if I navigate via "INSTALLATIONS AND UPGRADES" I only end up with the 32 bit version (see screenshot attached)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers

Chris

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The 64-bit SP05 installation in the 'Support Packages and Patches' is a full installation. Same with the 32-bit.

There is no need to download/install the 32-bit 16.5.0 GA from the 'Installations and Upgrades', unless you want to install the SQL Anywhere included, and then only that component needs to be downloaded.

You should apply the SP05 PLs after the installation of the SP itself.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem as Thomas.

arnaud_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have heard of other users having problems downloading this large file.