cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new universe from a pre-existent one and replicate Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was asked to create a new set of reports similar as existing reports but pointing to a different database with some differences to the original. I don't wanted recreate it from scratch, so I tried to copy the original universe and starting the changes, first on the universe, then on the reports.

A first try was to create a new Universe and Link/Include the original one. It seemed to work, but later I found out that the LOV, that contained prompts, for example, weren't replicated correctly.

Is there a correct way to do this, without the re-creation from scratch, or at least a way to minimize the rewriting?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

The approach that you decided to follow is absolutely correct but if there are any additional changes to the universe other than just modifying the Universe connection (so that it points to a different database), make sure you are not impacting the existing reports functionality and try to address them correctly before pointing the reports to this new universe.

Examples:

1. LOV's

2. Hierarchies

3. Aggregate Navigation 

Essentially you would need maintain the Object Properties as is with Zero Impact. - This includes the LOV export said by Mani.

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Martin,

After making changes in Universe I would suggest you to export with LOV's without fail.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Mani.

But what do you mean with " to export with LOV's without fail." ?

Martin.