cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC System to be used as CUA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that it is best practice to utilize a standalone system for CUA, but that it is possible to put CUA on another system, such as ECC.  I am curious if it is possible to put CUA on top of the GRC box. Our BASIS team is investigating this option to reduce the number of systems needed to maintain, but am concerned about CUA specific settings in GRC.

Any experience?

SAP GRC Access Control 10.0 SP12

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan

CUA is just an ALE model between ABAP systems so I can't see you having an issue in doing that. You would need to create a connector the GRC to be treated as a plug-in as well.

However, if you CUA source is the GRC system you will need to consider licensing cost impact as all end users will need to have a GRC account. This will depend on your contract with SAP.

If you are implementing CUP for all systems on CUA you could also consider removing CUA and provision direct to all connectors? Not quite sure how you would go about remove CUA to cutover to GRC however.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As Coleen, already Said the important part, If you have ARM(CUP) in place use of CUA is very unlikely.

Can you Please elaborate what is use of CUA in you landscape, so that we try explain  in better way 

Regards

Prasant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryan,

Perhaps your use case is like ours: we use CUA to provision to the non-production clients and CUP(soon ARM) to provision to the production clients. In our case, our CUA is a client on the SolMan system, and that has worked out well for us. We do not plan to move it to the GRC system.

Gretchen