Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 upgrade to EHP 6 - Impact in BW 730

former_member195079
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Our company is planning an Upgrade to ECC 6.0 EHP 6. As a BW/BOBJ administrator I have to take care about the impact in BW and BO.

Are there a document with a check list of activities to do before and after this upgrade, What I have to check in BW site to ensure the correct functioning of BW.

Additional Info.

BW Version. 730

Thank you for your help.

Jose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

There is nothing to be done from the BI/BW side.

The upgrade done on the ECC system is not depending on the BW system.

BW systems are connected to the ECC and other systems through RFC and they are mentioned as source systems in the Tx RSA1.

There is nothing to be done from the BI end during an ECC upgrade.

Regards

RB

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing this same issue but it reverse.

Recently i have upgraded the BW DEV 7.31 in our landscape and  ECC ehp4 also running in my landscape.

If any compatibility is present in the both system.

Even i have checked in uda and PAM also i can not able to find the solution for the same.

Regards,

Kalimuthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Jose.

You should clear the delta queue before upgrade.The important thing is connection between your BW and ECC system. You may be required to replicate all the datasource in your BW side after upgrade. Take care of logistic delta these are very critical. If SID of the system is same then there wont be many issues.

Regards,

Anand Mehrotra.

former_member195079
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late answer.

Thank you for your replies.

I search further more in the scn, and I found a nice Wiki about this topic.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/SAP+ECC+Systems+SP+Upgrade+and+Impact+on+SAP+BI

This link help me a lot with the check list of actvivities to do when an upgrade is perform in the ERP source system of BW.

Thank you.

mstitsel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

In general BW is connected via RFC. This is a basic and release independent protocol that will still work after the ECC upgrade.

In general I suggest that you perform a BW load and delta load before you upgrade the ECC (so that the queues in ECC are empty).

Best regards, Marco

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

first of all you can check it via the upgrade dependency analyzer.

Have a look here: http://service.sap.com/uda

Regards,

Bernd