Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Object setup in Bpmon

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Exports,

I need to setup Monitoring object for a solution in Bpmon according to the statement below.

There are old BDocs which has ended up in error. Cleanup of this old error BDocs might take some time. So, is it possible to set Auto SR for BDocs only when a new BDocs ends up in error and not for the existing ones in error ?  i feel this is possible but not really sure where to start and this functionality available in Cross Application only is it possible in Application Areas also. Our Solman is on SP8 7.1.

Please guide me to start.

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Shravan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

Will close this post and start a new one. Thanks all for the Help given

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan

I just checked selection parameter of BDoc  Monitoring (IMBDOCMO) under the interface area.

It has "Minimum Age" field but not having "Maximum Age  field". 

Judging from the available parameter, current key figure does not provides such an option.

If you need quick solution, I think of following 2 options.

1)Create your own monitor by refering standard template

(/SSA/EIM is the program contains BDoc monitor).

2)Reorg obsolete error data.

(But as you mentioned, it seems not possible)

There is BDoc monitor for analytics. This only checkes today/yesterday data.

But since this is provided for analytics purpose (execute just once and create BDoc status report in Analytics), and you might want to use BDoc monitor for timely error check, I think this does not help. If your requirement just need error report (not timely one), setup this Analytics monitor under logical component and re-use this analytics monitor for BPMon. But this only report error once a day. So I am not sure whether this is useful.

Since I am not BDoc expert, I am not sure whether your requirement can be fulfilled with table entry counter.

If there is CRM expert, maybe he or she can tell. (In standard table SMW3_BDOC is used to detect error data).

Best Regards

Keiji

Message was edited by: Keiji Mishima

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Keiji,

Thanks for the information, Bpmon Analytics is not active in our case so cant take help from that, so  can you tell me how to proceed with your first option (/SSA/EIM program ) to create monitoring object. Never done this can you throw some light r steps r docs if you have would be great thanks.

BR,

Shravan.

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan

Since obsolete BDoc is anyway not good, it is better to clean up obsolete BDoc....

If it is not really possible, other choise can be the option.

If you have not worked with customer exit monitor, I am not how it is easy for you...

Building your own monitor on customer exit framework requires coding skill.

Program /SSA/EIM contains BDoc monitor coding. So when you build your own monitor

some part of the codes might help.... For this reason, I mention /SSA/EIM.

(There is no copy function. So you have to analyze by your self).

BPMon customer exit guide is avaialble from following link. 

So please refer to the following guides.

(For both case, BPMon monitor can be created. ABAP OO framework is required if you want to build analytics monitor )

http://service.sap.com/bpm

=>Media Library

==>Technical Information

==>Setup Guide - Customer Monitor

Setup Guide - Customer Monitor with ABAP OO

Best Regards
Keiji

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Keiji,

Sure i know the background of Customer Exit, i did create few Custom monitoring object for Communication user lock and Printer related error but with the help of a ABAPer who took care of the Coding part since i am not export in that. Trying something in Table entry counter if that doesn't work i guess i need to take help from the coding person and built a Customer exit.

Will keep u posted, thanks for the help till now.

Best Regards,

Shravan.

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am trying the Table Entry counter using Cross application for getting the information from past 7 days form table SMW3_BDOC

See the Setting below and tell me if this is correct, My requirement is I want Alerts of BDOC error status from E01 to E09 (error status) only for last 7 days ( Are should i just Keep "E" under Field BDOC_STATE). Same i set it up and activated my data collector doesnt collect anything and Alert inbox shows Gray alert. Please let me know is i am doing it correct. Thanks

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SHRAVAN

I assume you want to monitor error BDoc within last 7 days.

So I think SND_DATE parameter has to be >= $TODAY-7   (not =$TODAY-7).

Regarding on the grey icon / no result, does data collection already start ?

How do you start data collector (online/background).

I recommend you to check data collection status via table DSWP_BPM_TIMESCH

(field NEXT_DATE, NEXT_TIME). If it is already past (more than 1 h ago), probably,

data collector has some issue. If it is beckground collection monitor, better to check

BPM_DATA_COLLECTOR job in managed system. Or try in online mode.

Best Regards

Keiji

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Keiji,

Sorry for delay response, When i keep just one field Value as >$TABLE-7 and nothing else i get the an alert for Table SMW3_BDOC but when i add second Filter BDOC_STATE = E04 , i see the Data collector runs in Managed system and also DSWP_BPM_TIMESCH has an entry but there is no Alert generated the Monitoring Object remain Gray no result.

Not sure if the setting is right , this is how i did it when i dont get any results.

And set the Analysis tool as this

No idea where i am setting it wrong Since for me important thing is to find out only Error status entries in the table for last 7 days and not all entries.

Thanks,

Shravan

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan

Date parameter seems incorrect configured.

>%TODAY-7

" > " is incorrect. you have to double click the field and need > icon.

Even after the setting is adjusted, if monitor does not work, I suspect assigned role to the READ RFC. For table entry counter, we need SE16 authorization. So READ RFC user needs to have such a authorization.

Best Regards

Keiji

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

As i mentioned when i keep only this field name SND_DATE and Field Parameter >%TODAY-7 i do get the Alerts but my requirement is to get only Error status and not all, For that reason i am adding one more field name BDOC_STATE and Field value E04 then i dont see any fetching happening but the Data collector runs with out any data and Gray alert occurs.

Thats the problem, hope its clear now

Regards,

Shravan.

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan

OK. If the problem still continue let's open another thread.

From my perspective, if the initial monitor raise some result (I mean, selection only with SND_DATE), I assume authorization is OK.

From last screen shot, I suspect 1 thing.

The way, you maintain the selection to the SND_DATE seems bit suspicous.

Due to it, I suspect data collection might fail...Not because BDOC_STATE.

(Please check attached picture.  > has to be icon. ).

If you really want to do by your self, you can also simulate data collection in the backend system

from program /SSA/CD3

Just specify solution name and monitor object name that you can get from the table

DSWP_BPM_TIMESCH

(other parameter is like attached picture).

Or open SAP OSS Ticket with example data. It might be fast option.

Hope this help you.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Keiji,i shall try that and let you know.I opened a new post with name "BPmon Table entry counter help on BDOC's" for your information.

BR,

Shravan.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shravan,

In addition to setup guide below the key figures you can configure for Bdoc monitoring specifically

Source: SMP

To setup in solman 7.1 this is the step by step roadmap ppt

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700006137542006E/BPMon_Setup_Roadmap.ppt

Many thanks

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can get the Bdoc Monitoring objects under the Interfaces monitoring category.

You can choose any key figure as per your interest.

Follow guide https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700001292812012E

Thanks

Jansi

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Jansi,

Thanks for the Link, i know how to setup the Bdoc monitoring which is already setup in my case using Interface monitor. but please see the requirement which i wrote in my first post "There are old BDocs which has ended up in error. Cleanup of this old error BDocs might take some time. So, is it possible to set Auto SR for BDocs only when a new BDocs ends up in error and not for the existing ones in error ?  i feel this is possible but not really sure where to start and this functionality available in Cross Application only is it possible in Application Areas also. Our Solman is on SP8 7.1"   Customer wants a monitor setup for special requirement,so wondering if this is available with standard cross application or we have to go with Table entry counter or customer exit.

Thanks and Regards,

Shravan.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Shravan,

I hope you have checked the list of available monitor/key figures for Bdoc I have provided above

if this doesn't suits you then you can go for customer exit depending upon your case

Table entry counter is also restricted in few ways so not sure if this will help you in the mentioned case

Regards

Prakhar

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Prakhar,

Thanks for the reply, yes i Customer exit is one of the options but i was wondering if there was another way to it.

But anyways thanks for the help and will know the outcome if i find anything else.

Thanks and Regards,

Shravan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

but i could feel the keyfigure  combination of  message and age in error state is suitable for you.,

have you tried.

Thanks

Jansi

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Jansi,

Age will not work since its only giving the Minimum option in standard but no Maximum age where i can keep a filter saying consider only after that date and not before that. So it will not work.

I am trying with Table entry counter and see if it works for Customer.

Thanks.

Shravan.