Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Break Not Working Dynamically

Bhaskar_Tripath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks!

The problem I am facing is on the conditional break in SAP adobe forms.

When I give some condition (and lets say, instructs the system to start the subform from 'Top of Next Page'), it immediately puts the subform in the next page instead of evaluating the condition on run time. Is it the normal behaviour?

Best Regards,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Bhaskar_Tripath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello... I have devised an alternative trick to achieve my requirement which does away with condition break. I have published a blog with that solution.

http://scn.sap.com/people/bhaskar.tripathi/blog/2013/07/28/curious-case-of-page-break-in-adobe-forms

Hence, closing the thread.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

You can refer to the tutorial as in Rakesh's reply.

Others thing you might want to check is the table data. You might want to to sort the table based on the column you used in the page break condition ; to output report group by effect.

regards,

Xiang Li

Bhaskar_Tripath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Li,

I am not using table. I have 5 subforms, each having large strings of data. And I wanted to put some condition based on their content length. As replied to Rakesh, I would publish a blog on alternative solution

Cheers!

Bhaskar

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Are you placing 'Top of Next Page' in condition break or on subform it self.  Please go through the settings once in below link and see, if you have missed anything.

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/AdobeForms/Break/Index.htm

Thanks,

Rakesh

Bhaskar_Tripath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I was putting 'Top of Next Page' in condition break for Subform and giving some inequality check. But instead of evaluating the condition based on dynamic values it was evaluating at design time. Eg. a == a is TRUE whereas a == b is FALSE. This is very strange behavior. But anyways, I found another workaround for this issue. I would be publishing a blog on that solution soon

Cheers!

Bhaskar