cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having problems with HTML controls in Personas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some standard ERP transactions use an HTML control as part of their layout, and I'm talking about those rather than an HTML control added afterwards in Personas. The example I particularly care about is notes added to business objects (purchase orders, invoices, etc.) using object services - the text of the notes is displayed using an HTML control. A simpler example though is transaction SM50:

The information displayed above the work process list is in an HTML control. As you can see, in webgui this works fine. When I look at the same transaction, in the same system, using Personas I get this:

Notice that the HTML control is blank. Also notice that this is a Basic View, and not a customised view.

The only configuration I can think of that might affect this is the HTML control whitelist, which determines URLs which are safe to load into an HTML control. The URL for the content of this particular control is a "sapr3:..." URL, and I would hope those are always allowed and shouldn't need to be added to the whitelist. Nevertheless, I have a line in my whitelist containing a "*", which should allow anything.

Is there something I'm missing? It would be interesting to know if anybody else has this problem, or even if other people don't have it! It would be especially interesting if anyone has a solution .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem has now been fixed by kernel patch 131 for the 7.21 kernel. Details in OSS note 1896796.

Steve.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Usually HTML controls not being rendered are caused by client side settings (browser).

May i know which browser you are using and secondly can you try on different browser and let us know.

Best Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I've tried Safari and Chrome on MacOS and IE9 and Chrome on Windows, all with the same result. I could try Firefox on both, but I'm not sure I'd expect a different outcome.

If you can suggest which settings affect this I can check them. Maybe the default settings happen to be wrong in all browsers?

Steve.

former_member194736
Participant
0 Kudos

Steve -

Just to confirm your browser settings are ok, have you tried with a custom HTMLViewer control on a flavor pointing to lets say www.bing.com?

Thanks

Vandana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that works correctly.

Steve.

TobiasQueck
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Let me give it a shot:

As Tom has stated, the HtmlControl is just an iframe, there no SL specific settings that could create problems. You said it works in SAP GUI for HTML (WebGUI), therefore, the browser settings should also be correct. In addition, you said that the HtmlControl with www.bing.com is working, therefore, I would assume that you Personas whitelist settings are also correct.

So, the problem only appears when you render HTML pages that are served through the data provider to the GUIs. The implementation of the data providers differ slightly between WebGUI and RestGUI (the ITS interface that Personas uses), so I would suggest to have a look at the data that is returned from ITS. To do so just check the calls that are going to the back-end when opening the transaction. There should be a call ending with /resource/<GUID>.

If this call doesn't exist, then we are back to square one because the client should make this call. If the call exists, then please copy the url and open it in a new browser tab and see if it works. If it works in a new tab, then I am puzzled. If it is not working, then we need to find out why it is not working...

Cheers,

Tobias.

PS: The data provider is also used for images coming from the back-end. Could you please check a transaction that should show an image and verify that it is working correctly.

TomVanDoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hmmm, an HTML component in an HTML page.

I'm assuming that the HTML component gets translated into an iFrame Iframe (damn you apple!)

Are there certain restrictions in your browser's security settings?

edit: reread your question again, and it already works in the webgui (ITS). So there's no sane reason why it shouldn't work for personas (ITS + Layer of silverlight) unless silverlight decides to be annoying and not permits Iframes...