cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM 4.0 SR1 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am installing SAP CRM 4.0 SR1 according to the guide: SAP Customer Relationship Mgmt Server 4.0 SR1 ABAP on Windows:Oracle (dated Sep, 10, 2004).

However, at some point, the guide wants me to mount SAP Installation Master DVD (which seems to be #51030843) and start sapinst and select SAP CRM 4.0->SAP CRM 4.0 ABAP....

The problem is, when I start sapinst from the Installation Master DVD there is no such option like SAP CRM 4.0.. The only thing I get is SAP NetWeaver '04 Support Release 1 installation.

There is also a SAP Installation Master CD (SAP CRM 4.0)in the box (which is #51030539), which seems to suit more to the guide (has SAP CRM 4.0->SAP CRM 4.0 ABAP...)

Which one do I go for? Could the guide be wrong? What is the exact path to follow when installing CRM?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, and have a good day.

Arda Aksit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is going to cost you points!

Anyway, before you can install CRM you will need to install the Web AS 6.40 server (ABAP stack). After the installation you will need to install the CRM application. And, if you need to, install the J2EE server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shaun, thanks for your answer but that doesn`t really help me does it?

What exactly do you mean when you say "you will need to install WAS.." and after that "you will need to install the CRM application".

Could you please explain in more detail relating to my position which I explained in my original post.