cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman SPS Upgrade 7.1 Post Processing Phase Error Operation Failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am Just Hanging in Between and Seeking Your Help.
I am Upgrading SPS Solman 7.1 From Base to SPS 8.
Got a ERROR in Post Processing Phase 5.7

In Cleanup tool Phase I Selected Radio button (Cleanup and Start Afresh) Screenshot Attached.

Then I got a ERROR Saying Operation Has Failed. Screen Shot Attached.

Could You Please Guide Me on The Way to Analysis What's Wrong.

Shall  I Need to Cleanup Manually If Yes. Then What is The Path to Cleanup And  What is The Standard Pre Cleanup And Post Cleanup Process i Should  Follow.

Regards,
Sandeep Meher

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Sorry For the Late Response. I Was Bit Busy With The Configuration Part Of SOLMAN.

So Let Come to The Pending Topic. As I Raised Ticket to SAP, Finally SAP Look in to My Server and Assured me that I have Completed the Post Processing Phase. And Upgrade is Completed.

I Restarted APP And DB and Then The Shadow Instance Vanished, Which I Was Worried For. Before Restarted SAP Suggest Me to Remove Extra Backup Profiles Created With "Profile.1 and .2 of Default and Instance Profile.

Suggest me to Sheduled a DB Statistic JOB and SGEN.

That's All.

Lession For Me :- I Should Have choose "CONTINUE" not "Clean Up and Start Afresh".

Clean Up And Start Afresh :- It's Clean All Your Upgrade And Let You Start A Fresh.

So Closing This Thread As My Issue Resolved.

Regards,

Sandeep Meher

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you generate a stack file with SolMan to use with SUM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Yes I have Downloaded From Market Place SPS 8 and The Stack File Was There. In Very initial Stage of Upgrade it Asked me The Stack File.

Now I am In Post Processing Phase.

Please Go Through My Attachments For The Errors For More Info Let Me Attachment the Error Pop-up Screen Box Below.

Thank you For your Reply And Time.

Regards,

Sandeep Meher

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two thoughts:

1. Is your Solman system up (all green icons in the SAP MMC)?
  2. Time to start digging through some logs, and since SUM is towards the end of its processes, I would review the work directory (\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS<nn>\work); make sure to sort the date/time column so you know what the last few files have had new log items added.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

1. Ya My Solman Instance 00 and 01 Both Are Active and Running.

2. Only 02 Shadow Instance is Lock Due to the Post Processing Phase.

I Don't Think We Required to Look into Work Dir. Of These to Instances.

Please Reade the Error Pop-up Screen and Let Me know Where Abjectly I Need to Look-into.

Regards,

Sandeep Meher

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you don't think the work dir for SolMan is the correct location to be reveiwing, look for the work folder under SUM.  The GUI message doesn't provide much to know what/where the failure is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Can I just check I understand where you are in the process?

1. You ran through the entire patch process through to the screen which says "Complete".

2. At this point, you did not select "Continue" but chose "Clean Up and Start Afresh".

Am I right?  If so, why did you do this?  Why did you not just complete the ugrade?

Thanks,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

You are right Got Me.

Because Continuing in Post Processing Phase as i found option Which Says to Cleanup Tools Automatically So, I Have Chosen This Option By Thinking Will cleanup All The EPS/In And Other Exec. or Copied Data or Logs, Etc in Terms of Post Processing.

So Now Let Me know Where Should i Dig to Resolve/Complete This Phase.

Regards,

Sandeep Meher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Ah, thought so!   

Well, never mind.  The upgrade is complete at this point, so you can use the system.  The last phase does things like prepare the upgrade report, etc.  You will need to manually release the jobs put on hold by the upgrade. I'm not sure that you can complete post-processing automatically as the logs would have been cleared down.  And it's not vital that you do so. Someone else may know which tasks to run, but I think that you are okay from here.

Put this one down to experience!

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

Ya it's Seems Like the Same as You Said. Because both of my Instance is Up and Running.

Only Worried About The Shadow Instance and The Upgrade Process to Complete.

Thanks For your Reply And Suggestion.

Still Let Me know If You Could Find-out Any Solution on This.

Any Way I Raised a Ticket to SAP For this Problem. Let's See How long It Takes to Resolve.

Thanks Again

Have a Good Day.

Regards,

Sandeep Meher

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Running through solman_setup should re-enable or re-create the needed jobs; worst case you could go to SM37 and do a wild card search for all jobs by all users and put the start of the year and the end of the year in as date filters, only show the Sched. jobs and that should show you all the on hold ones.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

If you are  taking this to SAP now, can you help by marking the helpful answers from the team and closing the thread by marking one Correct? That way (a) people are more likely to assist in the future, and (b) it allows them to focus on other questions.

thanks and all the best,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

Sure I will Do That.

Just Waiting For the Solution From SAP, So That I Can Maintain Correct Solution Here For Future Ref.

Regards,

Sandeep Meher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Thank you for your Suggestion, For the Time I am Just Waiting For the Solution From SAP.

Let's See What would be the Solution.

Regards,

Sandeep Meher