cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Proposal / Propose Item By Ship TO Party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

We have multiple ship to parties against sold to party. I have successfully created Item proposal and taken trial by assigning it to sold to party -> sales tab.

But due to multiple ship to parties I want to "Propose Item" by SH in sales order.

Could you please help me on this.

Abhijeet Marulkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The user exits are not meant to play "switcheroo" with the material numbers. Even if you manage to replace the material once, what is preventing the users from changing SH again and again? Line item user exit most likely doesn't even get triggered when this happens. How would you ensure that material # is redetermined and - on top of that - all the related logic (ATP is just one example) runs?

It's a maintenance nightmare waiting to happen (and most likely one of the reasons SAP didn't implement it for SH in the first place). You'll be opening the whole can of worms with this.

Also, as Ravi correctly pointed out, SP is the partner that submits purchase order, so I'm not sure in what business setting this requirement actually makes sense...

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As ordering of materials is the role of a SP...standard will not support the product proposal for a SH to default materials in the sales order. As the requirement is for defaulting materials based on a ship-to, you should go for enhancement. This can be achieved in different ways.

1. Create different product proposals for the sold-to....and in a custom table maintain the data for the combination of SP - SH - Product Proposal. With custom code in the user exit...when a SH is entered in the sales order...system should fetch the PP number from the custom table and default the products listed in the product proposal.

2. As suggested by Gobinath, create a custom table and maintain data for SP - SH - materials/quantities. With custom code in the user exit...system will default the materials and quantities in the sales order copying from the custom table.

Please check with your technical consultant.

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use Sales order user exit - MV45AFZZ.

Create a ZTABLE like below:

ShipTo      Material

100          AA

When the ShipTo in the Sales order is found in the Z table, replace the material entered with the one in the Z table.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As an ABAPer, I would not advise that. If it works by Sold-to in standard then it's for a reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I totally agree.

But again, if thats the business requirement, i dont see any harm in customizing.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

In the standard , you can have product proposal only for Sold-to

this was just coded in the standard in such as way

Please check the Function module

"SD_DPP_PRODUCT_PROPOSAL"

try with your ABAPer if he can find any user exit to put a logic to fetch it from ship to as well

thanks,

santosh