cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM monitoring. Find discarded messages.

0 Kudos

Hi!

I have question about monitoring in BPM.

In this blog Boost your Correlation Scenarios with Conditional Starthttp://scn.sap.com/community/bpm/blog/2013/04/04/conditional-start-monitoring-47 said: "A message sent to the web service endpoint will be attempted to be correlated to a running process. In case the message payload does not satisfy any correlation condition or there is no process running, the system rejects it for correlation....This event is written to the business log of the SAP NetWeaver Administrator, which can be accessed in the SAP NetWeaver Administrator by choosing Troubleshooting > Processes and Tasks > Business Logs".

I create test scenario in AEX and process with Start Condition in NWDS SP07.

If I send a message that does not satisfy Start Condition, then I can't find in Business Logs any log. In AEX (pimon/message monitoring) have successful message. In nwa/logs I can find only this logs: "Java proxy runtime (JPR) accepted the message", "JPR successfully processed the message".

Where I can find more information about discarded messages? How I can understand that my message not started process?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

martin_moeller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

I apologize, but I was never notified that a comment was posted. Hence I missed it.

But as I was looking at this article quite recently I wanted to share my view on it.

Your question basically was:

"Where I can find more information about discarded messages? How I can understand that my message not started process?"

If a message is discarded you won't find it related to any process instance or in Business Log language any "container". That's why the container ID for such entries will be 32x0 (as in the screenshot of the blog post). This indicates that this is a BPM system wide Business Log entry.

So filtering by this container ID (or looking at system messages) will show you the relevant entries indicating that your incoming message was discarded and no process instance was started.

Further troubleshooting:

If you cannot find such entries check your Business Log severity. If there is no entry on "Standard" level also check the Application Log if something went wrong and the transaction rolled back. In this case no Business Log will be written, but the Application Logs still should. In that case however the AEX system would possibly also not mark such messages as "sucessfully delivered".

The answer might be too late for you, still I hope it is helpful for someone else.

Best,
Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Yes, i did. Category "Application/BPM/Correlation" is empty. See below my test's screenshot.

1. Request from SOAPUi. Start Condition = string-equal(get(MT_test_bpm/item,0)/val,"1")

2. PIMON

3. nwa/logs with category "Application/BPM/Correlation"

4. nwa/logs all

5. Business Logs. Category = Event handling

And succesfully process when I sended correct message (MT_bpm_test/item[0]/val=1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again, I recommend to post a link to this question as comment in the blog

0 Kudos

Good idea! Thanks!