cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic restart and System error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a few questions which really need to be resolved quickly...

Scenario below:

1. Message failed in Integration Engine(pipeline steps) are moved to SMQ3;

a>. How to move a failed message in IE to SMQ3 manually?

b>. I am taking part in supporting work, and finding messages are moved to SMQ3 "automatically",  can you explain me what the possible ways which can make this happen, because some messages are moved to SMQ3 while some are not?

2. Message status in SMQ3;

a>. Following above 1.b, I found some messages in the queue in SMQ3 are in "Automatic Restart" status, while some are in "System error - Manual Restart Possible" status.

For how to restart the messages in SMQ3, what I was told was you can restore the queues which contains messages with "Automatic Restart" status, and after you restore the queue, the messages will get reprocessed immediately. However, for the messages in "System Error" status, you can't just restore the queue in SMQ3, as it will not get restarted Automatically Immediately in such status, so you need restart them manually after restoring their queues.

Is above understanding correct?

b>. Can I just directly restart the message with "System Error" in SMQ3 without restoring the queue first?

Above issues are confusing me more and more, much appreciated if you can help me get these clarified !

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>

1. Message failed in Integration Engine(pipeline steps) are moved to SMQ3;

a>. How to move a failed message in IE to SMQ3 manually?

b>. I am taking part in supporting work, and finding messages are moved to SMQ3 "automatically",  can you explain me what the possible ways which can make this happen, because some messages are moved to SMQ3 while some are not?

You can go to SMQ2 and select the message you need to move to SMQ3 >>Rightclick>>Save LUW then the message will automatically move to SMQ3.

once the message is moved to SMQ3 the subsequent messages blocked in the same queue after this message will process automatically

>>>2. Message status in SMQ3;

a>. Following above 1.b, I found some messages in the queue in SMQ3 are in "Automatic Restart" status, while some are in "System error - Manual Restart Possible" status.

For how to restart the messages in SMQ3, what I was told was you can restore the queues which contains messages with "Automatic Restart" status, and after you restore the queue, the messages will get reprocessed immediately. However, for the messages in "System Error" status, you can't just restore the queue in SMQ3, as it will not get restarted Automatically Immediately in such status, so you need restart them manually after restoring their queues.

Is above understanding correct?

b>. Can I just directly restart the message with "System Error" in SMQ3 without restoring the queue first?

Once the Message is moved to SMQ3 you need to go to SMQ3 and then try to resend the message ..if there is any issue (Ex: Mapping error) message will not be processed succesfully in this case you need to rectify the issue with mapping or Data then try to resend the same message

Note:For synchronous message with status ("System error - Manual Restart Possible") can not be processed with a restart as these are synchronous messages.

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Naveen.

So you are meaning that we have to restore the message from smq3 first, then only can we restart them, right?

But last time, when the messages in smq3 with error status, I was told directly restart the message in SXMB_MONI(searching this interface with error status). What I knew is there was some system performance issue at that time, and the reprocessing was very slow, but anyway it succeeded at last..

So in this way, it is possible to restart message directly without restore it from smq3... Do you have any clarification here?

Thanks a lot!

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can restart the message directly also.

>>So in this way, it is possible to restart message directly without restore it from smq3... Do you have any clarification here?

The reason for move the message to smq3 is to avoid the blocking of that perticular queue and process the other subsequent messages in queue.

Thanks,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Naveen.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

regarding 1a), I think it is just selecting the message in the queue and then select via the menu the option to "save" message. That moves it to SMQ3. There you can do nothing with the message until you "restore" it. Afterwards it behaves like any message in a queue. If it is in "automatic restart" it will try to execute automatically. "System error" means the message needs a little kick to get going. This can be done manually or via a restart job.

Regards,

Jörg