Answers (4)

praveenboss
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I missed the point earlier.

If you want to set printer for output types ( eg: purchase order , returns , transfers ), you can do that in "communication" in respective condition records.

Let me know if you have questions

Best,

Abhijith

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sales orders (Invoices?) and Purchase orders don't typically use the user's default output device in their profile.

The master configuration data for those processes have logical devices tied/mapped to your output device(s).

I would recommend using a front end printer for you @Samir, as the logical device in the Invoice/PO process will impact everyone that uses it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear billy

thanks for reply

but can you explain to me how i define logical device ?

thanks

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to set that under the communications method, I see it above in your screenshot.

With a PO you can setup rules to Fax/Email/print/archive/print & archive/etc etc; so SAP allows you to setup rules on what to do when creating/saving a PO.

Using your example above, what does happen when you hit the communications method button?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi billy & abhijith

i used communication method and yes it work but only for currnet PO

and when i make new PO i must do communication method again manually to print new PO

i need to make default configuration and when i save PO or sales order ...etc ,  print automatic without make any thing manually

thanks

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to configure rules for the PO creation process, this isn't a "printing" issue per say, if the printer you want to use is in the system; then it is just a matter of creating these rules so that a PO creation always has them.

Navigate to this location under tx SPRO (I am using ERP 6.0 Ehp 5):

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide > Materials Management > Purchasing > Messages > Output Control > Message Types > Define Message Types for Purchase Order > Fine-Tuned Control: Purchase Order

At this point you may get a 'client not modifiable' so be prepared to transport changes through your landscape.  You will be presented with a table input screen and you may need to define a custom Z*** that will always appear on your POs; here is a screenshot of the printing option in my company's system (also note that it is a ZPRT that is highlighted, missed that selection box when I screenshot it 😞

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear billy

i make like your way and i define ZPRT

but i think i don't understand good because no printing happened after i make that

can u explain more ?

thank you

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well at this point my recommendation is to post that type of question here:  http://scn.sap.com/community/erp Only due to this not being a printing issue per say, but a PTP/PO creation communication method strategy.

The only reason I have been able to provide information is due to removing a printer a few months ago and broke the entire PO process as I was unaware that functional teams had rule based conditions that could be tied to output devices.

Another reason it would be good to post under the ERP space is that you may be provided with best practice information along with issues that may of been unknown for some.

Also don't forget to close/mark a correct post, so future viewers can see how this was resolved for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

any way thank you for your time to help me

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not a problem, yesterday I had to help with my PTP team as a PO that was being created had no ZPRT being assigned so it was still fresh in my mind =D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Users can set default printer in there own user profile - t.code SU3.

Best,

Abhijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear abhijith

i did that but when i save purchase order or sales order no document printed

and when i try to print it manually from print button this picture appear

i want to configure default print to print on it automatically

thanks for reply