cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analytic Privilege with restriction on Analytic View - Error on Data Preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an issue concerning analytic privileges within HANA Studio. The data preview raises an error message when querying the raw data tab. We are using SPS05 and HANA Studio Rev 56.

I created an analytic privilege ("AP_TEST") that contains one analytic view ("AN_DAILY") as the reference model. I also added a attribute restriction and assigned a fixed value with the equal operator. The activation of this analytic privilege worked without any problems.

I then created a user account ("TEST") in order to test my analytic privilege. I compared my configuration with several tutorials and finally assigned the following permissions to my user:

Granted Roles: PUBLIC

SQL Privileges: _SYS_BI (Execute, Select), _SYS_BIC (Execute, Select), REPOSITORY_REST (Execute)

Analytic Privileges: AP_TEST

System Privileges: Catalog Read, Data Admin

Package Privileges: TEST (the name of the package where my analytic view and analytic privilege are located in)

After assigning the privileges to my test user I added a new system with the respective user. Afterwards I tried to open the data preview for my analytic view in order to validate the restricted data output. When I now click on "Raw Data" I am getting the following error message:

Until now I do not really understand the root cause of this problem. I assume that the necessary privileges are given to my test user. I also assume that I do not explicitely need to assign privileges for the respective database schema (but I also tried this as well, same result).

I also tried a couple of more configurations / cobinations but at the end I am always getting the same message. The output of my indexserver trace file says the following:

[188296]{222130}[-3650053] 2013-07-14 23:20:38.298984 e CalcEngine   ceAuthorizationCheck.cpp(00331) : AuthorizationCheckHandler::isAuthorizedToSelect (AP check): (Original) User TEST is not authorized on _SYS_BIC:TEST/AN_DAILY (793303)

I already tried to assign SQL privileges on the specific analytic view ("AN_DAILY") but it didn't work either.

Does anyone know what to do to resolve this problem? I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I answered this on another post so I am copying my response.  This issue is a bug and is fixed in SP06 but there is a work around in case you are not upgrading soon.

I have recently had the same problem.  It is currently a bug that will be fixed once you upgrade to SP06.  Our issue was the same.  Our analytic privileges would not work if they had an attribute restriction like "territory number".  If I removed the restriction and then a data preview on the analytic view, it would work just fine but once I added the restriction back on territory number I would get the same column store error.  The work around to this is adding an additional attribute to your privilege like "document number" (that is used in the analytic view you have inside of your privilege) or something like that.  For example:

Analytic privilege for Territory 51 contains an analytic view called "ZAN_SALES".

Added attribute in the Attributes Restrictions called "Ship To District" and assigned restriction on territory "51".

Added attribute "BELNR" that is tied to the same analytic view ZAN_SALES".

Once I added "BELNR", it worked and the territory restriction is applied in the raw data.

This is a work around.  I'm told that once we upgrade to SP06, we will no longer need that "extra" attribute.  

I hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. I have tried it but I am still getting the same error message. I tried it with different attributes but always facing the same issue. Have you got any additional suggestions for me?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you remove the attribute restriction and do a data preview, does it display raw data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I remove the restriction the data preview works perfectly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Remove the modeler role and assign '_SYS_BI_CP_ALL' under analytic privileges to your user and try.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

thanks for your suggestions. After adding the _SYS_BI_CP_ALL the data preview can be displayed BUT the restriction I added to my analytic privilege does not work even if I add a second restriction.

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Please do the below things and check the data preview.

Add MODELING role to your user.

Add your DB schema under sql privileges and give 'SELECT and EXECUTE' privileges.

Now check the data preview, it will work.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried what you suggested but I couldn't succeed.

After adding the modeling role to my user I am able to open the data preview BUT it is not restricted by the settings I have made within ma analytic view.

Even if it would work by adding the modeling role I don't want to give my user modeling roles. I have seen tutorials where it worked without adding the modeling role.

Any additional suggestions? I would really appreciate it.