Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages to resend which are being in HOLD status in RWB --> Adapter Engine

siddhardha_dnk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using PI 7.3 and Normal Configuration for Proxy to JDBC Scenario. So QOS is EO.

I have 39000 messages in one day and 9000 messages in the next day and in total 39000 messages which are being in HOLD status at Receiver interface in RWB --> Adapter Engine (that too in 4 interfaces out of 30).

The reason behind this is, there was a "JOB" executed in ECC and has sent 40 to 50 messages per second for 5 hours. So there were lots of messages got stuck in ABAP stack and slowly they came down to Java stack and being HOLD status.

As of now, we stopped the job. What ever the new messages are coming from ECC are being successfully posted to DB.

But I wanted to resend all the messages which are in Java Stack to Receiver i.e., DB.

I have tried all the possible ways what ever i am aware of.

1. Resending the messages.

2. Cancelled the first two 2 messages which were in System Error and tried resending.

3. Restarted the PI Server.

Nothing worked for me.

When ever i am retrying, status of messages are changing to "To be Delivered" and again coming back to "Holding".

Please let me know how can i send all the messages.

Please suggest me on this. Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhardha,

try to find the root cause why the first message got stuck by selecting the sequential number option in message moitoring configure table coloumns .

Cheers

Hidayat

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhardha,

Try to Resend/cancel all "system Error" messages from RWB-->Message Monitoring and then resend all "To Be Delivered" status messages.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said above using Messaging System you should be able to find the root message which caused the other message to hold status.

if the error message can be resolved by resending then the messages which are in state HOLD will get reprocessed  automatically of that sequence queue

Gud Luck

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please have a look at , it is for XI 3.0, but you can do similar search in 7.3. It will give you an idea of how to find the message blocking all other messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

generally, this means the messages are queued, and your QoS is EOIO. To resolve that problem you need to find the first messages in the queue and resolve the error they had got. You can do that via the sequence number and filter messages by sequence. It looks like you found them already, maybe, and cancelled them. This should have triggered the next messages in the queue. Did you check that? Are they maybe also in error state? It is always recommendable to check first, why they were stuck and how you can resolve that.

Regards,

Jörg