cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically rolling the planning horizon in APO v 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm trying to confirm my belief that period rolling is automated functionality in SAP/APO in version 5. I think the time bucket profile controls the number of buckets in the planning view. The planning area should be initialized for the required time horizon and the profile buckets need to be set. Then, whenever a week closes in the past, a new week in the future opens to maintain a rolling forecast. Can anyone help me confirm this is true?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, the buckets displayed in planning book/data view will roll automatically, which means the first week displayed is always the current week (unless you have planning start or offset set in /sapapo/sdp8b), and the number of past periods and future periods is fixed. However you must have enough initialized periods in your planning area. This is does not mean you should have enough period in your storage bucket profile. So what suggested is -- to initialize the planning area once a week or once a month without deinitializing it, so that you can have enough initialized buckets to use, and not so much buckets that occupy liveCache resource. So things may not be that auto as expected, which means you'll need to take care of your system by yourself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

To initialize the planning area, every week you will be executing the tcode SAPAPO/TSINIT. Save a variant  for this transaction in such a way that the "FROM date" and "TO date" are dynamic and they roll forward every week automatically.

To do this, click on "Save Variant" and for the field "Start/End Date", maintain "D" in the column "Selection Variable" and in the column "Name of variable" , select the appropriate variable like "Current date - xxx,current date + yyy".

So if you want to initialize the planning area of 52 weeks in the past and 104 weeks in future, maintain the number of days accordingly in the variable "Current date - xxx,current date + yyy"" and every week it will shift the horizon by a week.

Mitesh

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

Yes, if your Storage bucket Profile is large enough to roll over the time bucket profile maintained in the planning book/data view, it will automatically roll over.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! How can I know if my storage bucket profile is large enough? Is there some specific setting to put on it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can go to tcode /n/sapapo/tr32 and enter your storage bucket profile. It will show the start date and end date of your storage bucket profile. Typically storage bucket profile dates are set very far in future so that we never run out of it.

When you initialize the planning area, the maximum you can initialize is the end date of the storage bucket profile. Normally, it is initialized for 1.5 to 2 years and every week/month reinitialized again to move a week/month forward.