Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Activate the large Message Queue XBTM*

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sdn,

I am looking for the LARGE MESSAGE QUEUE Settings in SAP ECC.

When I go to the SXMB_ADM -> Configure Filter for Queue Prioritization - > When try to add Filter -> Sender/Receiver - >System gives me

XBTA High priority and XBTZ Low Priority .

If I want to Activate the Large message Queue what are the Settings needs to be used.

Please help me in this.

Thanks

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I understand what you mean. In PI, you can find XBTM large messages when you choose outbound channel->EO while in ECC you don't... I think it has to do with Central Integration engine and local integration engine.

I will look into this to find out more...

Ambrish

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Did you find anything for me?

Thansks

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Few notes from what I gathered:

First from the link I sent you:

In asynchronous message processing, the technical names of the inbound and outbound queues differ according to the role of the Integration Engine:

The Integration Engine has inbound and outbound queues.

The Integration Engine has sender and receiver queues.

So in ECC, you will have sender and receiver queues and no inbound and outbound queues. So the concept differs since PI is Central integration server and ECC is on a local integration engine.

In ECC, we do not have large messages assigned to XBTM like in PI. Rather it is XBTL by default. For outbound, mainly 2 parameters EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT and EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT_PARALLEL of the category Tuning) which will govern the large message handling.

The queues will be dynamically assigned with prefix XBTLx during runtime.

I don't think there is any other setting required in ECC from large message handling perspective.

Ambrish

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Updates Ambrish.

In ECC I see the XBTL* is active with message size 51200.

This mean the large message queue is already active?

Because I don't see this queue is using by any message over this size.

For our we have a scenario where we have some large message comming into ECC.

These are also handled by XBTL*?

Thanks

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

yes the queue is active. You can confirm that from sxmb_adm->

Configure Filter for Queue Prioritization if it is showing as active.

<some large message coming into ECC.>

When you set the filter you can specify Sender EO or Receiver EO with message category as request. It will give you the option for IE-Sender and IE -receiver. You can set both differently but then I would suggest set EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT first and then consider these settings after testing the scenarios.

You might have to choose specific interface after setting the Sender/Receiver ID in the same T code.

hope it helps!

Ambrish

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Information.

I could not able find the Sender and receiver option selection for the interface.

I can only see the one row with XBTL* with size limit and it is not editable row.

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I think you are not having proper authorizations to edit . Could you please provide screen shot ?

Regards

Hari.

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I can see one Entry with XBTL* with some Size Limit.

If II want to use only 3 or 4 specific interface to use this Large Message Queue how can it be possible.

Wjhen I am trying to add a new row it is only giving option with High and Low priority.

if above thing is not possible.

After Defining the EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT parameter it will automatically use this XBTL* queue for all the message greater than given Size?

After setting this parameter value it will consider both Inbound message and outbound message or only outbound messages?

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

For large messages queue prioritization is not required . If message size exceeds the value given in the EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT parameter then automatically message will processed by large queues so that large message will not stop other small messages processing

what ever value you given in parameter EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT will appear in XBTL message size (for example you specified 51200 as parameter value ) and vice versa.

After setting this parameter value it will consider both Inbound message and outbound message or only outbound messages?

As far as i know, this value will be applicable for both sender and receiver queues (XBTL* & XBTM*).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

By default large messaging queue will be activated (you can't even deactivate XBTM* and XBTL* queues ). BTW , we can't prioritize large message queues. You can specify the message size of message that should be processed in large queues .

For example: in above screen shot, Messages will be processed in XBTL(inbound queue i.e. XBTM for outbound queue) if message > mentioned size.

Hope this explanation is useful to you .

Regards

Hari.

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

II can see here only XBTL* not XBTM*.

where we define the size for the Outbound Messages .

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

The below link should help you with this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7b/94553b4d53273de10000000a114084/content.htm

Ambrish