Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase order number in document number: & already exists

jasmeetmanik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there a way in order create idoc to issue error when another idoc tries to process new order with same PO ref.
number? E1EDK02- 001?

can you advise on the exit th change required.

cheers

Jasmeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manik,

Yes I agree with Santosh you have to check the VOV8 settings for the Sales order doc type.

Also as per standard setting it will through you a Warning msg "V4115 - Purchase order number in document number: & already exists".

Therefore, also check the message setting in OVAH for the app area V4 and Msgno 115 is marked as E - errors.

Thanks,

Suman$

jasmeetmanik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh and Suman,

Thanks for your reply. Basically I want to resctrict it based on sales organization and also i dont want to chnage this message from Warning to Error msg "V4115 - Purchase order number in document number: & already exists

any other suggestions

cheers

Jasmeet

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manik,

Then you have to go for User Exit for this as in standard SAP PO number checks is based on the document type and Customer number.

I would suggest to go for User Exit.Find the below link for further help;

User Exits In Sales Document Processing

Thanks,

Suman$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suman,

Thank you for "throwing in the additional check-criterion - the Customer" (along with the Sales document type)!

in standard SAP PO number checks is based on the document type and Customer number.

By customer is system checking the SP?

I have not tested this case, with different SP and SH, and repeated PO number.

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Thanks for the comment.

Yes as per my past experience yes it was based on the Sold to partner function in the sales order.

Thanks,

Suman$

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

J. MANIK wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Basically I want to resctrict it based on sales organization and also i dont want to chnage this message from Warning to Error msg "V4115 - Purchase order number in document number: & already exists

If this is just by Sales Org (are you completely sure you want to do that?) then it'd have to be in the inbound IDoc user exit. There is plenty of information in Google on that.

However, since IDocs may be processed in parallel, if two IDocs with the same PO # are posted in the same split second, this might not work.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might be setting in your sales document type in VOV8

check the document type in VOV8 and identify whether CHECK PURCHASE ORDER field is set to A ?

if it is A then you cannot use purchase order text more than once in another other document

regards,

santosh