cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max rows LiveOffice BO4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i work conection LiveOffice in BO4 sp4 fp3, when create my xcelsius the object data in liveoffice is the 2000 rows, when execute my xcelsius the liveoffice only read 1052 rows, the rest is ignored.

i read much forums on this case in BO 3.1 but never on BO4

My parameters in xcelsius is the 2000 rows.

Tks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hie Oliva,

Best practices to design dashboards say that you should only work with aggregated data. At times, it is not possible to work with aggregated data hence there is any option provided to increase number of data rows on which a dashboard can be built.

Go to File menu of Xcelsius/Dashboards -> Preferences -> Excel Options -> Maximum number of rows.

You may specify exact number of rows you want the data to be returned of. My recommendation that it NOW should not exceed 2000 rows.

Once you are done with this, there is another setting which you have to on Tomcat:

1. Take backup of ‘dsws-liveoffice-provider.jar’ file from server’s Installation directory for future reference:

\program files\business objects\Tomcat\webapps\dswsbobje\WEB-INF\lib

2. Copy ‘dsws-liveoffice-provider.jar’ file from server’s Installation directory mentioned in above step to your local computer.

3. Rename ‘dsws-liveoffice-provider.jar’ file copied in above step to ‘dsws-liveoffice-provider.zip’ (change the extension of file from .jar to .zip).

4. Using WinZip or WinRAR unzip the ‘dsws-liveoffice-provider.zip’ file and open ‘liveoffice_config.properties’ file in notepad.

5. Navigate to the following section and change 512 to any value that you would like to use:

#max number of range rows and range columns to return

maxRowCount=512

maxColumnCount=512

6. Save the changes made to ‘liveoffice_config.properties’ file.

7. Now zip the folder to create ‘dsws-liveoffice-provider.zip’ and change its extension to ‘dsws-liveoffice-provider.jar’.

8. Now this newly created ‘dsws-liveoffice-provider.jar’ file contains modified ‘liveoffice_config.properties’ file.

9. Replace ‘dsws-liveoffice-provider.jar’ file located at \program files\business objects\Tomcat\webapps\dswsbobje\WEB-INF\lib with newly created ‘dsws-liveoffice-provider.jar’ file.

10. Clear the Tomcat cache by deleting the content of the folder \Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat55\work

11. Restart Tomcat server.

This should get you the exact amount of data which you expect within dashboards.

Cheers,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am currently working on version 4 SP4 FP3 BO but can not find the directories and files that you show me.

What did you indicate to the B0 version 3 time ago.

Do not know how this can be done in version BO4?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliva,

Below is the exact location for BO 4.0

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Tomcat6\webapps\dswsbobje\WEB-INF\lib

Perform above mentioned steps.

Thanks,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tks Tejas,

I did as you indicated, locate the directory

D: \ SAP BusinessObjects \ SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0 \ warfiles \ webapps \ dswsbobje \ WEB-INF \ lib and modify the LiveOffice DSWS-Property-provider.jar maxRowCount = 2000 , BOE and then the restart Tomcat services, also delete WORK directory in \ tomcat6, HOWEVER my dashboard only shows me the 512 rows.

there will be something else you should do to take the change in the. jar?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say that you changed the maxRowCount to 2000, did you confirm if the changes are reflected to the file? Did you change the extension back to .jar?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Effectively this modified file with extension. jar

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, this is not a good practice to deal with such large dataset in dashboards.

Did you check how many rows are coming by refreshing the LO block inside excel ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,
I understand that there is good practice but I have no other way to do it.
The block in this seting to excel 2000 rows too.

tks.