SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 SPS08

SAP Solution Manager Configuration: Technical Monitoring - System Monitoring

Template Maintenance

Expert Mode

Metrics, Events,Alerts Hierarchy

Auto reactions

Add

The table does not contain any data

How can I configure Auto Reactions to be displayed here? I need to paste it to the Template.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Jose,

According to me you need to Implementing the REACT_TO_ALERTS method as an auto reaction and the Alert information is passed to the implementation Interface. It is possible to implement many scenarios:

•Forwarding the Alert to a Third party tool using web service

•Transmitting the alert as an SNMP trap

•Writing the alert information to a log file on the file system

•Execute an external OS script on the Solution Manager

So from my understanding you using the 4th method, So The OS Command Adapter is ready to be used within a BAdI implementation that has to be created.

So step by step configuration for Auto Reaction using OS Command Adapter. Please see the Link which is pasted below and follow the steps. Once you done with the setup correctly , then u go the Auto reaction tab in Metrics, Events,Alerts Hierarchy and you should see the assigned entry in Table.Hope the Link helps you to set you Auto Reaction Successfully.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/290979852/HOW-TO+GUIDE+OS+Command+Adapter.pdf

Best Regards,

Shravan

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi dear Shravan,

I followed the guide OS Command Adapter but I can't execute report PR_ALERT_INIT_OS_CMD_CONFIG using transaction SE38

Program PR_ALERT_INIT_OS_CMD_CONFIG does not exist

Any idea?

Kind regards

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Just to take a step back...your original post says "I'm configuring System Monitoring so I need to setup Auto Reaction".  But if you are just trying to send e-mails (the most common kind of autoreaction you would have used in the old days of CCMS) you can activate email notifications in the Notifications tab of the template maintenance.  In the new Technical Monitoring, "Autoreaction" only refers to custom code and not to the standard email and SMS notifications.  Are you trying to develop a custom enhancement to automatically respond to an alert in a unique way (like to clean up a full filesystem automatically, or to call a phone with an automated voice message, etc)?

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the Reply, I need to execute an OS command that triggers an alert to a third party system.

OS command is defined in SM49 I need to choose what auto reaction use according to the template.

SAP Solution Manager Configuration: Technical Monitoring - System Monitoring

Template Maintenance

Expert Mode

Metrics, Events,Alerts Hierarchy

Auto reactions

Add

The table does not contain any data

I need to see data here.

Thanks in advance

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

In that case I agree with the previous responders.  Did you follow the document (especially step 2.3) that Shravan sent you? 

Also you said you are on SP8 so you don't need to run PR_ALERT_INIT_OS_CMD_CONFIG as section 3.2 is for SP6 only.  You should follow the steps in 3.1 ("SP7 and upper") instead.

former_member205758
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Whats the SP Level Is your System On? If Its More then SP6 then you don't have to run that Report according to Doc I mentioned in my previous reply.

BR,

Shravan.

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi dear Jon,

In SM49 command is named ZALERTAS

In SE19 Badi is Called Z_ALERT_REACTION_IMPL

Now I can assign it to Third-Party Component at Template Level:

But I still can't assign auto reaction:

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

You have actually already reached the finish line!  There is no technical difference between the "autoreaction" and the "third party components" tabs (the separation is intended to indicate the minor semantic difference of executing an action that influences a separate system, versus an action that does processing purely in the SolMan itself).  SAP wrote this particular BADI to appear in the "third party components" tab and if you activate it, it should work.  Good luck!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have created the BADI and set filter value as OS_CMD.

But I am not able to see the external OS command (OS_CMD) in SM49.

Please suggest is there any issue in BADI creation or i have to create command in SM49 manually.

if I have to create it manually. Please suggest the needful action.

Best Regards,

Gopal Tamrkar

+91-8884580778

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help,

Is there a way to test if this Badi is working? I assigned the Third Party Component to some metrics but nothing happen yet.

Additionally I have to different OS commands defined in SM49

ZALERTAS

ZALERTAS1  I performed this configuration:

OS Command Configuration

CONFIG_TYPE = OPTIONS ; FILTER_VALUE = ZALERTAS__REACT

00;COMMAND_NAME     ZALERTAS

01;OP_SYSTEM         AIX

CONFIG_TYPE = OPTIONS ; FILTER_VALUE = COMANDO_SO_OMNIBUS_REACT

00;COMMAND_NAME     ZALERTAS1

01;OP_SYSTEM         AIX

But when I'm going to assign it to an Alert I see different Badis with the same name:

How can I see which OS Commnd am I going to assign?

Will be glad to give points for your solution

Kind regards

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I checked transaction SLG1 with this error:

No GenStore Configuration for ID= MAI_OS_CMD_CONFIG - FILTER_VALUE = ZALERTAS_REACT - CONFIG_TYPE = OPTIONS

No GenStore Configuration for ID= MAI_OS_CMD_CONFIG - FILTER_VALUE = ZALERTAS_REACT_CLOSE - CONFIG_TYPE = OPTIONS

Former Member
0 Kudos
bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What are you trying to accomplish with the auto reaction?  I believe the table is empty until you apply values or setup CEN under RZ21.

However since you are running 7.1 SP08, I wouldn't bother putting time into a CEN CCMS setup when you have the new MAI available for your needs.

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for answer Billy,

I just need to run a script at OS level, auto reaction method is already defined in RZ21

But this Auto reaction is not displayed in System Monitoring

thanks in advance

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lots of info for sending email via auto-reactions, not much to run a script; but I did find a table in reference to auto reaction.

Do you have any information in this table?   CSMCENTOOL

I also came across a few items about pushing scripts to the SMD agents and to collect the values to alert off, but I'm not sure what your monitoring/alerting goal is, so I don't know if that is helpful to know about.