cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBMA not reporting errors in receiver determination stage

0 Kudos

Hello.

I'm configuring CBMA alerts for some SOAP<->Proxy async scenarios in a PI 7.31 landscape.

Alerts are reporting errors on the AE side, but not on IE side, for example when a message gets a red flag with a "Receiver Determination: No Receiver could be determined" error.

I've checked everything I could in the alert config:

- assigned configuration objects are some configuration scenarios with all the objects the scenario uses.

- available runtime components are Central IE and Central AE. I also tried selecting all the ABAP Proxy Runtimes.

- messages statuses are focusing on routing but I also tried with all of them.

- consumer is default alert-to-mail.

- AlertConsumerJob parameters are AlertsToMailLimit=1 (dunno what this parameter does), Consumer=ALERT-TO-MAIL anda same mail account for mailFrom and mailTo. Recurring config says it runs every 5 minutes (300K ms).

Do I have to use the AF (alert framework) for this kind of error? Is CBMA incompatible with async errors in the pipeline?

Am I doing something wrong or missing something?

Thanks for any help or tip you can give me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

We are facing the same issue, no alerts raised for IE, like Receiver Determination error.

I hope you would have found a solution for this.

Can you please comment on the solution here?

Regards,

Zameer

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zameer - Are you on dual stack?

Is so there is an additional configuration for receiving the alerts on AS ABAP.

Please check here -

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/12/27/component-based-message-alerting-...

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

We already followed those steps, also Solution Manager was the consumer in our case and apparently there was some step missing at SolMan side config. and below is the detail I received from SolMan team.

Check the DPC PULL CORE extractor for PI system in alerting framework of SolMan

there should be two of them after configuration of PI Mon

we had only one and it was because product assignment was not performed correctly by the person who did managed system configuration

we assigned the correct product system and reran the extractor framework setup

now the new extractor appeared

Hope this will be helpful for some one!

Regards,

Zameer

0 Kudos

Hi Zameer,

Even I don't see the Receiver Determination errors captured by the CBMA setup.

I have followed the steps from

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/12/27/component-based-message-alerting-...

Do you have a solution for this? If so, please share it.

Regards,

Senthil.