cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor and alert for application URL through SAP CCMS monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have Ecoomerce application which is accessible through web .Our Web Dispatchers are on Windows OS in DMZ. Whenever the eccomerce application goes down and it is not accessible we ger page can not be displayed error etc. IS there any way to setup monitoring when URL (because of web Disp unavailability) is not accessible and it send us alert before end users notice it.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Supriya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

We generally use GRMG Lite to achieve this.

It's very simple. Goto T-Code GRMG and select edit/delete and select create a GRMG Lite scenario. This creates a technical ping your URL. Give scenario details and component info, this creates a new MTE class. Save it and then give the URL and save it all.

After that start the scenario on GRMG page and goto RZ20. Check for the new scenario in CCMS Monitor Templates--aval and performance tree. Your new tree is listed there.

At last, Assign a auto reaction method of your choice.

That's it. Nothing else needs to be done. Can be done in 10 mins..

Now this same MTE can be used further in different monitoring setups.

Thanks and Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Thanks for reply. Do I need to have access for GRMG in my CRM ABAP system or it will work through Solman GRMG also ? Because this is CRM Java Application for which I want to setup the aelrting.Also I am not sure what exactly component info should I enter

Thanks,

Supriya

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to setup everything from solman..

Mark answer right if you are satisfied.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have Solution Manager in your environment?  If so is it 7.1, as that has some newer motioning features compared to GRMG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

We are on Soution Manager 7. EhP1. We are planning to upgrade it to 7.1 but need to setup monitoring now so I believe GRMG is only option for now.

Thanks,

Supriya

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Something to keep in mind after you update; with 7.01 loosing support at the end of the year, I can't imagine support for CCMS/GRMG will continue to be as heavily developed as they once were...but this is just my opinion.

End User Experience monitoring will more than likely pick up additional functions on top of the URL monitoring.  With the added ability to run the URL check from various locations of your choice.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

We are on 7.1 and we were and are still using GRMG.

Regards,

Divyanshu

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct, I wasn't trying to imply that its not in 7.1; only that its an older method to monitor various aspects, while it will continue to work for years new methods are available to you and may be easier/quicker depending on your needs/requirements.

Sorry if the previous post was confusing.