cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Partner Determination in Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

A separate Partner Determination Procedure(YDBM) has been defined and 4 mandatory functions are added to this Procedure. Also, I made the assignment of Partner Functions to Account Group (ZDBM). Partner functions (SP, SH, BP and PY) are added to Account Group ZDBM. I have never added the partner functions KB (Credit rep) and KM (Credit Manager). However, the partners are also populated in Sales Order (VA01). Can any one explain how these two partner functions are determined in my Sales order?

Thanks & Regards

Sudheer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Please check the Partner procedure assignment to the sales document type.

I am sure that somehow it is assigned in the Sales doc type otherwise it will not come in the Sales order.

Note: I assume that the KB & KM is a mandatory partner function in the sales document.If not then also check the sales order change history in the VA03>>>Environment >>> changes.

Thanks,

Suman$

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudheer,

In your partner procedure, check the Origin (Table) for partner functions KB and KM, in standard partner procedure this value is A -

SAP F1 Help:

A - if a credit management partner function (e.g. CM) should be taken directly from the credit representative table (T024P).

A partner can be extracted from many "sources" (not only customer KNVP) and put in a sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your replies! I am using a remote demo server. Someone has checked the Partner Function KM & KB as mandatory. I have just unchecked and worked fine.

VOPAN --> Sales Doc Header --> Change --> Selected Partner Determination Procedure (TA) --> Clicked on "Partner Function" --> Unchecked "Mandatory" field for KM & KB partner functions

Special Thanks to Suman and T W.    

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you.. Sudheer, You are welcome.

Pleasure to hear from you.

Thanks,

Suman$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sudheer,

Below are few points that might help in understanding of Partner determination functionality -

1. In the sales order, a partner like Credit Manager can populate, even if it is not maintained in the customer (Sold To party). This point is already discussed. (Functionality Origin in partner procedure)

2. In sales order, all the partners shall populate; if below two conditions are satisfied

- if the partner function is in the partner procedure, that is assigned to the sales document type

- and if the system can be found a partner

That means even if the mandatory field is deactivated, if the system finds a value for e.g. Credit Manager, then it shall get populated in the sales order.

If the mandatory field is activated then, if the system does not find a value for that partner, then the sales order can not be saved / created.

So, you thread takes about two concepts, the second one is the "Incompletion" concept.

This can be also be seen in pricing (in V/08, field "Required"), 

If you test the above points, it might help in your learning!

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

First ,check in XD02 for that Sold To Party having that Partners or not in the tab " Partners in Sales Area View .If you that Partners in Customer Master level then only you can get thses two into Sales Order level .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren