cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic generation of settlement rule not working for all wbs elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone help with this.  I have noticed that when I create and release me project and generate settlement rules, not all the WBS elements have their settlement rules generated.  As such, when I try to run my settlement I get the error message that certain wbs' do not have settlement rules.  What is using this? What are the rules guiding which WBS elements have their settlement rules generated automatically and which do not?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you compared wbs for wich settlement rule were generated and those for which not? these WBS elements have the same "Object class'' (PRPS-SCOPE)  INVST ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upon running the cjb1, I get no error messages and the detailed list is as in the image below.  Recipient remains empty.  Any suggestions?

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ojior,

there can different reasons,

1. indicators of WBS, e.g. 'Acc asst element', Billing element'. Check them with the used strategy in customizing mentioned by Gokul.

2. Certain status, e.g. closed, prevent the rules generated.

3. WBS with AuC (Asset under Control)  are excluded.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the configuration "Determine Strategy for Settlement Rule" for WBS element and find out for what criteria the settlement rule gets created automatically.

Alternatively you can also check what settlement strategy has been assigned in your project profile. At this instance i can only think of these 2 things which might help you resolve your issue.

It would also be better if you could share the error message details as mentioned in the post above.

Thanks,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul, in "Determine Strategy for Settlement Rule" auto generation should occur for billing elements and account assignment elements.  And the acct assignment category is to generate settlement rule from superior WBS.

0 Kudos

Hi, could you please provide the Error Messages which you are receiving (these are 5 digits, which you can see if you select the '?' on the popup).

If you are using networks, one thing to check is the settlement strategy in transaction OPUV. This can affect whether settlement rules are created automatically or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan, I do not get any error messages.  The WBS's just do not generate any settlement rules.  And you discover this when you try to settle in cj88 because you get messages saying settlement rules have not been maintained for these WBS's.