Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOIO Message processing

former_member609026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

what is the best practice when generating queue id in proxy while doing proxy to JMS scenario.

1) generate one Queue ( Constant) name for all the messages.

2) generate new Queue name dynamically for each message based on the data in the incoming Queue.

please let me know the disadvantages in each second case.

Regards,

pradeep A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMO,  Per interface (based on outgoing to incoming ) create a queue and use it for all messages. This is pretty standard. You might also want to consider doing message packaging (based on scenario) for improving performance.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I would go for:

<generate new Queue name dynamically for each message based on the data in the incoming Queue.>

Advantage: If the sequence of messages(based on different processes) are not correlated, then each scenario will be sending data in order(EOIO) and one message stuck for a particular scenario won't affect other scenarios (data flow). Even for queue identification and monitoring, better to have a separate Queue id per scenario.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

former_member609026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

I agree with your advantage.

I am also looking for any disadvantages if we follow this process.

can you comment on the below points.

1) creating a queue for each message would have any impact on the system.

2) Are the queues created dynamically in PI and ended dynamically once message processing completed?

Regards,

pradeep A.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

>>>>>1) creating a queue for each message would have any impact on the system.

No. creating such queues don't impact the system. Messages have to any ways flow through a queue. You are just channelizing the messages to suit your requirement.

>>>>>2) Are the queues created dynamically in PI and ended dynamically once message processing completed?

yes...that's correct.Queues are in play till the execution of the message in the IE.

Hope it answers your question.

Ambrish

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One queue for all messages right option as per my exp.

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos