cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 5.00 system copy, database instance installation error MDB-07004 "File not found C:\Program Files\sdb\globalprograms\pgm\dbmcli.exe"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I try to do a system copy from our old ECC 5.00 (Win2k3, 32bit) to a Win2k8RC2, 64bit. I already got the central instance installation done.

Now I got an installation error when trying to install the database instance. Following is the error message:

ERROR 2013-07-12 15:26:53

MDB-07004  File not found: "C:\Program Files\sdb\globalprograms\pgm\dbmcli.exe".

ERROR 2013-07-12 15:26:53

CJS-00030  Assertion failed: in function sapdb_db_create(db_nm, db_host, db_ver) {    var dep_root = sapdb_inst_root(db_nm);    var sdb_i = new sdbInstance();    sdb_i.dbName = db_nm;    sdb_i.dbHost = db_host;    sdb_i.dbVer = db_ver[0] + "." + db_ver[1];    sdb_i.ctlUser = sapdb_get_db_user("CONTROL", db_nm, db_host);    sdb_i.ctlUserPasswd = sapdb_get_db_user_passwd("CONTROL", db_nm, db_host);    var actorObj = new SdbExtActor();    actorObj.setSdbInstance(sdb_i);    actorObj.setDbmCmd("DB_CREATE");    actorObj.setExecutable(sapdb_dbmcli_path());    actorObj.setDbRoot(dep_root);    var rv = actorObj.sessionExecute();    ASSERT(arguments.callee, rv == "OK", " SDB: ERROR CREATING DATABASE INSTANCE! Check the XCMDOUT.LOG FILE");    var creation_ok = false;    var i_size = actorObj.outSize();    for (var i = 0; i < i_size; i++) {        var s_line = actorObj.getOutputLine(i);        if (/OK/.test(s_line)) {            creation_ok = true;        }    }    ASSERT(arguments.callee, creation_ok, "SDB: ERROR WHILE DB INSTANCE CREATION! CHECK THE XCMDOUT.LOG FILE! ");} SDB: ERROR CREATING DATABASE INSTANCE! Check the XCMDOUT.LOG FILE

ERROR 2013-07-12 15:51:12

CJS-00030  Assertion failed: in function sapdb_inst_root(db_nm) {    var inst_root = "";    var r_call = sdb_inst_enum();    for (var r_cnt = 0; r_cnt < r_call.length; r_cnt++) {        var re = /\s+\t*/;        var re_db = new RegExp(db_nm, "i");        var db_enum = r_call[r_cnt].split(re);        if (re_db.test(db_enum[1])) {            inst_root = db_enum[1];        }    }    ASSERT(arguments.callee, inst_root != "", "SDB: no installation for Database: '" + db_nm + "' was found!");    return inst_root;}SDB: no installation for Database: 'PLM' was found!

The target system already contains a SAP Solution Manager installation with a MAXDB software 7.7. So I tried to use this software version as well. Strange enough that it mentions a missing file (dbmcli.exe) as this is exactly at this location. Checked twice and gave all access rights to the installation user.

Nevertheless, I tried to install the MAXDB server manually for the new instance which worked and created the files under "F:\sapdb\PLM\" where the files should be.

But then, when retrying the sapinst I gave me the next error that it can not create the database instance. So the manual step did not solve it and I uninstalled the it again.

I think this is all related to the MAXDB version and access rights but I do not know why!!!

I tried also to install the MAXDB 7.6 version but this installation aborted and did not run sucessfully.

Any help would be great, spent already a lot of hours searching for a solution but did not find anything 😞

Regards,

Andreas

System to install / copy:

ECC 5.00, MaxDB 7.7, non-unicode, 64bit

Data export comes from the old system (ECC 5.00, MaxDB 7.5, non-unicode, 32bit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally ended up in reinstalling all systems, starting with the ECC 5.00 systems based on SAPDB 7.5 and did the Solution Manager installation 7.01 afterwards. This worked fine!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas

SDB: ERROR WHILE DB INSTANCE CREATION! CHECK THE XCMDOUT.LOG FILE! ");} SDB: ERROR CREATING DATABASE INSTANCE! Check the XCMDOUT.LOG FILE

Can you check the XCMDOUT.LOG file ?

Regards

RB

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andeas ,

As error says File not found , Can you try to copy dbmcli.exe from existing MAXDB software to directory where it is asking and try to restart sapinst .

Please take a backup of existing dbmcli.exe .

Thanks

Manas Behra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

the dbmcli.exe is already there, I also checked the access rights on the directory and granted all access to the installation user.

I think this is due to the prior installation of SAP Solution Manager 7.0 which comes with a newer version of Max DB (7.7) and know it cannot overwrite or use it. Also I tried different max db installation dvds (7.6, 7.7, 7.9).

As there was also a database studio 7.9 installed the max db version in c:\program files\sdb is partly 7.9 and I am not able to uninstall this in order to have a clean install directory!! When renaming or removing the directory the max db installation complaints about missing files 😞

Is there a way for a clean install or removal of the MAX DB server installation without loosing my earlier sap solution manager installation?

Regards,

Andreas