Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Framework Methods

Benedikt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no option in SEGW to change the odata rules(sap:deletable, sa:updatetable...) for assocciationSets AND there is no
method in /iwbep/if_MGW_ODATA_ASSOC_SET to do that.

Is there any known way to fix that,(or an open bugtracker etc.) ??

thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Benedict,

SAP annotations like 'creatable' makes sense for an EntitySet. But does it make sense for an Association Set? Can you please give an example that is in your mind?

Thanks

Krishna

Benedikt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

of course, here is a snippet of an gateway generated service:

<AssociationSet>Name="serviceProdToPmActType_AssocSet"Association="ECM2_CARGO_SRV.serviceProdToPmActType" sap:creatable="false"sap:updatable="false" sap:deletable="false" sap:content-version="1">

<<..EntitySet="serviceProdSet" Role="FromRole_serviceProdToPmActType" />

<<..EntitySet="pmacttypeSet" Role="ToRole_serviceProdToPmActType" />

</AssociationSet>

you can see sap has already this in the output, but there is no way to changes this..

Another example: Maybe you have an entity car and an entity wheel.

You wan*t not to have a "standalone wheel" but you want the function to create a wheel for a car.

/serviceName/CarSet( id="myGreatCar")/installedWheels  <- sap:creatable:YES
/serviceName/WheelSet <- sap:creatable:NO

Thanks, Beni

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Beni,

Since the metadata shows sap:creatable for an Association, you might be asking for an api.

But, Association is always two way. Navigations decide the source and destination entities. So a Creatable annotation for an Association still may not make sense.

For the example given by you I feel that sap:addressable makes sense. True for CarSet and False for WheelSet.

Thanks

Krishna

Benedikt3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply,

i found the answer to my question, that is at the point not supported....

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp05/helpdata/en/af/1184220e2f486aa4c194076233b539/content.htm

sap:addressable has nothing to do with that, i will create entities over an navigation path, and that is not supported, but annotation still make sense. you can see sap include these Annotation itself and switch all to false because there is no support for that at this time.

toine_pothuizen3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

another example: we have an entity Person and another for Attachments (set as media).

On entity Person there is a navigation property called Photo (max 1 photo), and a navigation property called Attachments (multiple). I would like to set attributes like creatable/updateble for the navigation attributes (not on the related entity sets), as such operations could be related to the navigation property.

Regards, Toine