cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking & Putaway in the same Bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

In tcode LT01 for a stock in a Bin.

If I create a Manual Transfer Order with Movement Type 999, give the same source bin as the Target Bin, then the stock is getting doubled.

Is there any setting for this not to happen?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

With the scenario you are describing it is not possible to make a double entry, as you are only making a WM movement, you would have to create a IM movement to double the stock.

Maybe you are just seeing double figures in LS26 if the transfer order is not confirmed, one would be stock for putaway and the other pick quantity, but this is only "virtual" and once you confirm the TO it will be shown just as available.

Miguel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If you creating TO using LT01 with both source and destination bins are same it wont double the stock.

Check stock before and after creating TO. 

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Removing the stock from one bin and keeping it in to same bin with movement type 999 will never double the stock. This is not possible.  You are not using physical inventory procedure. If you are using source bin as 999-lost and found with movement type 712 and using destination bin as your earlier bin then it will increase the stock. Other wise there is no possibility to double the stock with movement type 999.

Please keep LS24 screen open and then perform LT01 with 999 movement with same destination bin and confirm your TO and in another screen check LS24. Compare both the screen.

Thanks,

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apart from meaninglessness, creating a TO with same source and destination will not cause system data inconsistency.

..... then the stock is getting doubled.

I don't think above statement is true. Can you show me in screenshots how the system doubles stock?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can give manually enter source bin destination bin..

LT01 For clearing the interim storage type or clearing the IM WM difference..

With regards

dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Please make sure that Storage Type of both Source & Destination bin should not be same if the bin is same. I mean to say we could have one bin say A-001-001 having multiple storage types.

About your query regarding stock getting doubled, this must be not be there. If you are facing this please send screenshots of each and every step.

Rgds,

Vishal Verma