Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Material in SAP SD

sri_ram18
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created an DIEN material type in Material Master with Base Unit as HR and Valuation class as 3200... Item category group as LEIS, Value Updation is checked in OMS2.

When i try to create a sales order with the service material i found that even though the pricing conditions are missing the In-completion log says  document is complete..

For creating the order i used OR as doc type and TAD as Item Category and CD as Schedule line Category.

what could be the problem why is it not showing it as incomplete ???

Regards,

Sriram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Incompletion procedure for Item category TAD is 28 Value Item

for Group B-Sales item,incompletion procedure is 28-value item

in completion fields for 28: VBAP-PRSOK Pricing status group is 04

for 04 pricing is blank(no check mark)

check your settings what it is assigned in Incompletion procedure

if its same it will not show in incomplete.

Regards,

Krishna.

sri_ram18
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks you are right.

Apart from this do you know how to do the pricing for Service Item?? is it by creating a Condition Price Record ??

Regards,

Sriram.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Apart from this do you know how to do the pricing for Service Item?? is it by creating a Condition Price Record ??

For any kind of Materials except Text Materials ,we need to maintain Condition record thru VK11 .

Let me know if you have any doubts .

Thanks,

Naren

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

It depends on your client's requirement that it should be a condition based pricing procedure or manual pricing in the sales order.

You can configure both the option as per the need for manual pricing please remove the Access Sequence from the PR00 or whatever condition type you are using.

So in the Sales order your user can put the price as per the need.

OR, definitely you can go for condition based pricing as per standard.

Please provide some more details what you want in the pricing.

Thanks,

Suman$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sriram,

In the world of business, pricing is not that different - when comparing goods and service items!

Therefore in SAP too, the same pricing condition technique is used for both goods and service items.

Please make a condition type as required in your pricing procedure.

Check in the Sales order, created for a service item; without giving the value for this condition type, can the order be saved?

If you do the above test, then it is less about incompletion log functionality and more of pricing & mandatory condition type functionality!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KRISHNA,

I enjoyed your detailed post!

Thank you!

If we talk about Status group 04, then the settings permit to save the sales order (Dependent upon, Sales document type, Incomplet. message should be blank; in VOV8)

This setting does not allow us to create delivery and billing document.

So for this case, i.e. saving of incomplete sales order, status 04 does not have any impact (or play any role).

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Thank you very much for your appreciation..

So for this case, i.e. saving of incomplete sales order, status 04 does not have any impact (or play any role).

yes in this case there is no impact until if sales document(as per standard) is maintained with  incoterms KDE3 ,Prcing date-KKAU in sales document header level

mainly strategy group will work how its defined and assigned to particular field in certain level

Regards,

Krishna.

Answers (0)