cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Am uploading LSMW of customer master through direct input method.

Every thing is fine,but while doing tax classification it is not taking my value.

i attach a screen shot with this,

plz tell me , how to come over this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked the mapping in LSMW? The first screenshot just shows a fixed value for the project, there is no evidence it has actually been used in LSMW. We do customer upload using LSMW with program RFBIDE00 in B (batch) mode and have no problem whatsoever uploading tax codes for two countries with this mapping:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Thank u so  much for ur reply.

In our Config,country and tax category will come automatically.

So i need to feed only the "TAXKD" from LSMW.

Please let me know,any changes has to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

It seems the system is not able to take Tax category and hence not able to determine the Tax classification.

Please put the tax category as constant (the one defined in your system) in LSMW.

Based on this, the tax classification should be considered.

Regards

Amitash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

can u please tell me,in which are the scenario's we can code like this? and why we are going for this ABAP coding?

thx in adv................

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have two countries in our system, that's why we added the code. In case of one country it's not necessary. I was just showing a mapping example.

In your screenshot I see the note 'caution - source field is longer than target field' and that's where most likely the problem is. TAXKD field is only one character long, so if you try to move a field that is, say, 2 characters long into it, it might work incorrectly. E.g. '1' is not the same as '01' or ' 1'. It might seem the same to you, but in the program you'd get not '1' but '0' and ' ' (space) value respectively in the target field. I bet in Excel the field is right-aligned, so you probably have leading blanks. Change the source field / data and it should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Thanks for concern reply.

I make the ABAP coding in my LSMW also and it works fine now.

Now my doubt is:

1.Now am using only one country-is it gud to use this for my scenario?

2.If i incorporate for e.g. 15 tax id's , is it gud to use like this?

thx in adv........

Note:After ur reply,i will close the question.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found an older LSMW from when we had just one country and it has just straight forward mapping:

Like I said, there is no coding necessary if there is just one line to be added, but if there are multiple lines needed (e.g. multiple countries or tax categories), then either you'd need to add some code (note that there is transfer_record statement in my first screenshot) or just run multiple times to add all tax lines.

Can't say there is a "gud" (good?) or a "bad" way, there are just different approaches for different requirements.

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to manually update one record other wise try OVK1,OVK3.

Regards

Shanu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can bulk update Tax Classification via XD99

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

Pls check first the Tax relevancy for the customer master has been mentained properly or not.

Then create your upload data sheet with proper information.

Check in conversion phase are the refleting there.

Regards

Amrit.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to manually update one record and check if you are getting the same error.

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If i do manually,it is working fine.

I jus made the taxkd fields as constant also and passing the value - '1'.

But it is not taking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I suggest you follow the following approach to check where exactly it is going wrong.

Make the "Taxes and Licenses" field as "Optional" in the field status group of customer master data.

Once done, execute your LSMW and get the master data created. Check what details are getting passed in the master data.

Then check the LSMW programming thoroughly for the field.

My assumption is the value is not passed as it might be coming in the file but at the wrong place and hence the filed is not able to take the value during master data creation.

Give you feedback after the activity is complete.

Regards

Amitash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if the notepad/spreadsheet tab delimiter is not moved from it's space or no value maintained... if that is the case... then the values won't be populated. You need to manually enter those values during the processing.to overcome the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

While executing LSMW,the read data and convert data are working fine.

I can see those fields while reading and converting but executing,the "TAXKD" is not populated in Tax Classification Field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

Are the IDOCs getting created with the LSMW.

If yes, process the IDOC in foreground and that will help you in identifying the issue.

If It is failing before the creation of LSMW, as mentioned previously check the customization in transaction OKV1 and OKV3 and additionally the coding in LSMW.

Alternatively, you can manually try to create the Vendor using t. code XK03 with the details you are passing in LSMW file and that will help you in reolving the issue.

Cheers

Amitash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am using direct input method.

We are not using IDOC method....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Also check in  Display Converted Data step of LSMW that a proper value is being passed or not to the Direct Input program.

if not, put a break-point in the convert data step for this and check why the value is not being passed and try to manually assign the value like TAXKD = '1'.

Regards,

Rajat Bothra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I jus checked OVK1,OVK2 and OVK3. Everythg seems fine.

I jus put constant to tat "TAXKD" Field,

But still it is not taking or updating the "Tax Classification" Value.

Plz check te attached snap shot of display read data and convert data...

sri_ram18
Participant
0 Kudos

Check in OVK1 and OVK3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

CHeck the customization in transaction OVK1 for the tax category assigned to tax country.

Then check the tax classification assigned to tax category in transaction code OVK3.

Additionally, check your LSMW whether the field is considered in the same.

This will resolve your issue.

Regards

Amitash

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in transaction code OVK3 for your tax condition type what values of tax classification were maintained

Ensure the same to be uploaded through LSMW

if possible check OVK1, OVK2, OVK3 and OVK4 settings

regards,

santosh