0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a Material BOM for Material M1, and items are

Header M1

Items

A1

B1

C1

Materials A1, A2, A3 are all configurable materials, and each material has 2 material variants created.

A1  has A11 and A12

B1 has B11 and B12

C1 has C11 and C12

I want to explode M1, and subsequently , for materials, A1, B1, and C1, all the related Material Variants (A11, A12,B11, B12....) should be exploded.

Of course, if I create a new material BOM M2, with only the Material Variants as items, this is working.

Is there any way, without creating a new BOM, by exloding only M1, can we achieve this?

Regards,

Aby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you rephrase or explain in detail what you mean by :

" Of course, if I create a new material BOM M2, with only the Material Variants as items, this is working.

Is there any way, without creating a new BOM, by exploding only M1, can we achieve this? "

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is to explode all Material Variants of a configurable material.

There is easily achievable if I create all Material variants as items in a BOM.

My question is without doing so, if I create a BOM with only the configurable material as item, is it possible to get a desired result - explosion of all material variants of the configurable material.

Regards,

Aby

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am totally lost here.

What is the real purpose of this requirement ? Are you just testing some features OR is this a real requirement ?

I have not heard anywhere where you are just exploding all Material Variants in a Configuration scenario. The very reason why you create a variant is to explode it based on what characteristics are chosen for a unique configuration at the Order level.

Just because we use a BOM does not mean that everything in the Configuration will explode. If some of the components do not match the characteristics chosen based on business scenario they will not explode. All this can be built in with dependencies.

Having said that, you can just explode everything if you want to. It defeats the whole VC Purpose.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Explorer,

The requirement is not to explode all combinations of a configurations. One configurable material can generate, say, 100 combinations.

Now, we have 20 Material Variants created for 20 combinations. Only these variants are expected to be produced and sold.

Now we want to know the list of all components which will be used in these 20 combinations, all put together.

Regards,

Aby