Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when creating ABAP project in SAP HANA STUDIO

0 Kudos

Hi SAP Hana Gurus,

Recently I have installed SAP HANA STUDIO, client after downloaded from OPEN SAP. I being ABAP developer tried to run my programs in SAP HANA.

However when tried to create the project, it’s calling SAP GUI, where I provided.

With one instance ( IDES SERVER)  it thrown an error as “ User DEVELOPER is not authorized to access system E66 via ABAP in Eclipse

(No authorization to access the resource /sap/bc/adt/compatibility/graph.)"

Hence I checked authorization; all these authorizations are already in place.

Note: I am using windows vista having SP02.

With other instance, it thrown other error

Logon to system ECD failed (SNC Library not found; environment variable "SNC_LIB_64" not defined, fallback location does not exist: "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\Secure Login\lib\secgss.dll" ). Here I used different system.

Please let me know what the issue is and how I can resolve to work my ABAP program on SAP HANA STUDIO.  Does it requires SNC , without SNC it doesnot work. please clarify.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Hari Yoga

5 REPLIES 5

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

do you have  role SAP_BC_DWB_ABAPDEVELOPER re. authorization object S_ADT_RES.

Currently we have a restriction for SSO with 64 bit.

But the authorization problem is not related to whether you use SSO or not.

Best regards

Thorsten

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Would request your help here as unlike the above scenario, I installed the latest version of ADT tools through my HANA Studio which is at revision 63 and all the components went through successfully.

After getting the tools installed, I was even able to see the ABAP related components in the HANA Studio.

Now, the actual issue is when I try to create a ABAP project and when I enter my SAP credentials to login it says "Retrieving compatibility information from the backend" and then comes back with the message stating "Logon to the system "xyz" failed (Connection to system "xyz" is currently not available)".

Whereas from SAP GUI, am able to log into the xyz system.

What am I missing here or what configuration is missing??

The roles and access to RFC destinations were provided as per SAPs recommendation.

But still can't go through the login page when creating ABAP project.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Darma

abaper01
Explorer
0 Kudos

You must be getting the same error in Txn SU53 in you SAP logon system. Please check the same and contact Security to provide the authorization. Once done recreate a new ABAP project in HANA Studio.

Worked for me!!

Thanks & Regards,

Joby

0 Kudos

Hi, I am also facing exactly the same issue as Dharma is facing while adding ABAP Project. I have checked in the SU53, it didn't show ant error message.

I have added SAP_BC_DWB_ABAPDEVELOPER, SAP_BC_DWB_WBDISPLAY roles to my user. Please let me know if anything additional is requried. All the plugin installation went smooth.

Thanks,

Indhu.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Your ADT feature release is 2.16 right?

Also, please check the document on this link https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47656 ensuring that you have followed all the steps required.

Regards.

YS