Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI Java Mac SE80 Lookup and Display Buttons Don't Work

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded and installed the SAP NW ABAP Trial 7.03. Along with that, I installed SAPGUI Java for Mac 7.30 rev 1.

In SE80, it looks like the two buttons to the right of the input field don't fully resolve and do not work when you click on them.

I attempted to download a higher revision, but my certification S-user account doesn't allow me to download much, just trial downloads and paired SAPGUI offerings.

Is there a way to fix this? Is there a way to be able to download the latest revision somewhere? I miss the ftp.

Thanks

Chris

• SAP Managed Tags:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I can send you a link to upload the latest 7.30 patch 3

https://share.sap.com/I046243/MyAttachments/b13604a3-d335-4ac4-a299-f2fb0b80b4ea/

I've uploaded the manual too.

Best Regards,

Jude

• SAP Managed Tags:
12 REPLIES 12

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I can send you a link to upload the latest 7.30 patch 3

https://share.sap.com/I046243/MyAttachments/b13604a3-d335-4ac4-a299-f2fb0b80b4ea/

I've uploaded the manual too.

Best Regards,

Jude

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Thanks Jude!

I've downloaded and installed, but the input help and display buttons still don't work in SE80.

I checked the known issues list, and I've tried 4 different themes, but it didn't help. I did a search for OSS notes as well, but didn't find anything applicable.

I'd like to say I've done something outside the norm with this install, but all I've done is install the NW 7.03 trial and SAP GUI for Java. I'm thinking this might be another Java runtime bug.

Chris

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Unfortunately, the first note doesn't seem to apply. The GUI accepts input in other transactions like SE11, and I never actually minimize the window. Also, the note is older and the author indicates that this would be fixed in the next release.

The second note has redirected me to submitting a customer message though which I would do if my s-user account would let me. :S

Thanks though,

Chris

• SAP Managed Tags:

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

We see this problem happen with Java 1.7.0_25, but not with 1.7.0_21, so it might be caused by a change in the Java update.

We are currently investigating this.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hi Chris

Kindly update the latest patch level 3 for SAPGUI for Java 7.30 and then try

Thanks

Sriram

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

That's what I suspected. Thanks Rolf-Martin!

• SAP Managed Tags:

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

as a temporary workaround, you can tell SAP GUI for Java to use 1.7.0_21 by modifying the value of the key JVMVersion to "1.7.0_21" (instead of "1.7*") in the Info.plist file found in the application bundle (Finder -> Show Package Content").

In case you no longer have 1.7.0_21, Oracle has a "Previous Releases" Archive on their Java SE Downloads page.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Thanks, I'll try that.

• SAP Managed Tags:

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

Indeed the reason is a change inside 1.7.0_25. We found a way to make this work again, that will come as part of SAP GUI for Java 7.30 rev 4.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

That's good to hear. Thank you. Is it possible to share this new version once it's available?

• SAP Managed Tags:

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

the availability of this version will be announced in this group. I suggest to activate "receive email notification" in http://scn.sap.com/thread/100668. As soon as it is on Service Marketplace, you will get an email.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

• SAP Managed Tags: