cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW ABAP Trial 7.03 WebGUI Won't Log In

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I installed the NW 7.03 Trial, carried out the extra ICM steps for WebGUI here.

Now when I try to log into to http://localhost:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?sap-client=000 the page never fully loads and even if I log in, nothing happens.

There was an warning message "No switch to HTTPS occurred", but I turned it off as per OSS note 1857366. I don't believe it's the underlying problem here and I'm ok sending my password in the clear because this is a mini sap install on a home network.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Try to open this url in another browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jithin,

I just downloaded and installed Chrome. IE 10 (compatibility view or not) seems to have been the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

What I believe that there is some problem with the services. Please check the service: /default_host/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

Checks to be done:

1. First check if the service is ACTIVE or not.

2. If ACTIVE, then please do a TEST SERVICE by right-clicking on it, and see whats the result.

If still no help then please, deactivate the 3 services and repeat Step 2 and 3 again. I hope, when you are activating the servies you are using the second button, right (as shown below)?

Please let us know further.

Thanks,

Avishek

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The warning you can ignore  . Can you give the parameter icm/host_name_full  and try .

Also make sure in SICF , all needed services are activated . And of cource there is a possibiity of browser compatibility , just try in another one . And I believe there no port blocking happening for your IP in the network .

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Add the url in the trusted sites of Internet Explorer and check the host file entry too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

So I added localhost and my FQDN to the IE Trusted Sites list, but it didn't fix the issue.

Thanks though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please past the screeen shot of Services tab in SMICM.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure thing. Please find it attached below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please try the url with the actual system name that it was installed.

Set the profile parameter

icm/host_name_full                         abcd.com

Add the name of the ABCD in the host file with the ip in front of it.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi.

Using the FQDN didn't change the result (page still doesn't load on login), and the profile parameter was already set in the installation procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Just wanted to to know one more thing that you are trying to get it working on IE 8.

If yes can you please try to reset the IE settings and delete all the temp files. Can you also check in sicf.

Goto the mentioned service /default_host/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

Check the below parameters.

In systems data tab:

GUI Link as YES

Support Accessibility As no

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the follow-up, Rishi.

So those settings are there already. Resetting IE10 has fixed the issue as well. It appears to have been a conflict with the add-on "Adblock" for IE. I'll probably stick with Chrome though anyway.

Thanks again.