cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting for Task Based / Role Based costing in Cproject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Would you please inform the required SPRO config for Task Based / Role Based costing in Cproject. or how to define the cProject costing will be task/ role based.

Thanks,

Morshed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Morshed,

You define task based or role based in the project type (cProject).

If it is task based, you can replicate or link to a WBS, phases  and tasks. If it is role based you can replicate or link to a WBS

the roles you are created.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Where to define the setting task based or role based in the project type (cProject)? is it in SPRO or in Cproject?

Thanks,

Morshed

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Morshed,

Sorry My fault I thought this setting was in the project type, but it is not true.

You have to configure in your PS system, but you can navigate from PPM

PPM SPRO -- project management -- conection to external system --accounting integration ---make settings in the ERP system --- controlling -- define controlling scenario

Here you define your project type are role based (D) or task based (C)

Regards

anuradha_majumdar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For Task based costing you have to maintain the rate in Task type.

For role based costing you have to define role functions and assign rates to them. Rates can be maintained in IMG path is Project Management > Connection to external systems > Accounting integration > Define cost/revenue rates.

depending on the task type or role function cproject will consider costs

Regards,

Anuradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuradha,

Thanks for your reply.

Would you please explain "

depending on the task type or role function cproject will consider costs".

If I maintain the cost rate in the Task & also assign the role function to the same task with cost rate in the role function, then which cost rate will be considered.

Example: Task number A. the working hour is 10 hour. The cost rate maintained for the task in $50 per Hour in Cproject. also at the same time the task is assigned to the Role and the cost rate maintained $60 for the role in cProject. So, what will be the plan cost?

Thanks,

Morshed

anuradha_majumdar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Morshed,

I haven't tried it out. But you can limit task types or role types for a project type so that this situation doesn't occur.

Regards,

Anuradha