cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it good to learn SAP HANA at an early age, like after completing high school studies

Former Member
0 Kudos

i just completed my intermediate and im about to start my engineering in computer science, is it good to learn SAP HANA ,i dont know any thing about SAP but im eager to learn.I donthave knowledge of BO,BW,BODS at all.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

I would say it would be better for you to learn all In Memory Database and traditional database concepts first - learn the differences between them. You will most probably be learning Database as part of your CS Engineering curriculum - so it will be helpful in your semester examination too.

Start learning SQL, then you can also learn JavaScript, HTML 5, JQuery and get a command in these languages as these languages are essential part of HANA Native Development.

After doing this it would be better for you to go and try to learn other HANA Concepts.

As you are in school so i don't think you would get any access to BO,BW or BODS.

But still you can learn Modeling and do Native HANA development on Cloud.

So it would be better for you to learn things which i have mentioned earlier.

You can start learning by checking my blog:

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/hana/blog/2013/06/25/want-to-learn-sap-hanawhere-to-st...

Regards,

Vivek