cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman_Setup Managed System Configuration Step 7 Configure Automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently on Step 7 Configure Automatically on SOLMAN_SETUP on a Java Based System (Biller Direct for UCES) when I'm running into an error on the Automatic Activity Byte Code Adapter Installation for the Wily Introscope setup.

The script is returning an error: IS Agent Set up on node faysapbdx Remote Operation failed - the script is successful in Logical Host name handling and then Introscope Agent Extraction (SMDAgent and wilyByecodeAgent are installed) and then is successful in Updating Introscope Agent Profiles

But the script then fails  and this is the error message:  Operation Failed - BDX - 14031850: - java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.util.Properties.getProperty(java.lang.String) of an object loaded from local variable 'vmProperties'

When I go to Introscope Agent in Root Cause Analysis I see that the SMD Agent is Running (although the IS Agent State on the dashboard is set to Unknown).  DAA is running on both the Biller Direct server and the Solutioin Manager server. 

Not much luck in getting any hits on searching the error message and I found nothing in SAP Notes to suggest this is a known problem.  I did find SAP Note 797147 - Wily Introscope Installation for SAP Customers and tried deploying the ISAGENT24_*.SCA onto the managed system and it did deploy successfully but after re-running the step I still received the same error in Solution Manager.

I see nothing the Log files to suggest anything generating the error. 

Anybody seen this before?  My gut says it is an issue with Wily Introscope somewhere in the system but not sure where. 

Thanks.

Ron Richard

SourceGas Basis Administrator

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check the note 1793553 and apply the correction . We have an issue with IS Agent 24.

Regards

Jayanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanth,

Thanks for the suggestion and the Note.  Per Note 1793553 I downloaded ISAGENT24P_1-100007435.SCA and applied it via SDM on Solution Manager, but it did not fix the issue. 

I still received the same java.lang.NullPointers error in the Byte Code Installation step.

I have also updated various Java functions on Solution Manager (LMService, LMTools, UMEAdmin, SWLIFECYCL, SAP Java Tech Services, SAP Tech S Offline) all to 7.02 SP 13 and once again it

did not fix the error.

Regards,

Ron Richard

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm that your EM is running correctly?

Do you have another Java system you have ran this against?

Can you list all of your Java components with SPs and patch levels?

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1) The LM-Service version always needs to be in line with the SP version(SAP Note 1483508).

2) This issue is caused by a newly introduced security patch for the J2EE when running BCA setup for such J2EEs having the security patch apply note 1819822.

Regards

Jayanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanth,

Part of the problem was the LMService Patch, I have Solution Manager 7.1 SP7 and the SOLMANDIAG patch 4 for LMService (LMSERVICE07P_4-20006622.SCA) found at SAP Marketplace - Software Downloads - Support Packages and Patches - Browse Our Download Catalog - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Solution Manager 7.1 - Entry by Component - Solution Manager Java Stack - SOLMANDIAG710 - # OS Independent.

I applied the patch successfully but it did not completely resolve the issue with the error message.  I had another error in the Java configuration steps (Step 5 Landscape Parameters) I had defined the directory structure to go past D:/usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS## and this was also causing an error.  So if anyone runs into this error message do the patch but also check your Landscape Parameters as sell.

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Regards,

Ron Richard