Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reference SAP data type in Data Type Enhancement

former_member203650
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear PI Friends,

I am trying to create my very first Data Type Enhancement to add fields to the SAP-delivered data type CompensationManagementSFObject in the SAP-provided SWCV SFIHCM01 for SuccessFactors Compensation Integration. (Please be aware that I am a PI newbie, so make no assumptions about obvious stuff; it's probably not obvious to me!) Here's what I've done so far:

1. Created a new SWCV in the SLD and imported it into the IR.

2. Created a new namespace under my new SWCV and activated it.

3. Created a new Data Type Enhancement under my new SWCV with the following values:

Name: IGT_CompensationManagementSFObject_Enh

Namespace: http://igt.com/SFIHCM01_Enh (the new namespace I just created)

Software Component Version: IGT_SFSF_COMP_ENH 01 of igt.com (the one I just created)

Description: IGT fields added to HCM-SFSF Compensation integration

Now we get to the problem. I assume from the blog by Michal Krawczyk that I am trying to follow that I am now supposed to enter the SAP data type and namespace in the input fields to the right of the label "Data Type Enhancement" but it will not let me! It will not allow free-form data entry in the fields, and the input help window is only showing data types from my new SWCV (of which there are none, of course), and it won't allow me to type in anything different.

What am I missing here?! Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

TerryB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203650
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay, I finally figured this one out for myself. Here's the secret:

I had to go to the Details tab on my SWCV and add the SAP SWCV in the “Underlying Software Component Versions” section. After doing that the input help for the “Data Type Enhancement” input fields on my Data Type Enhancement had a new branch in the tree named “Basis Objects” which listed all the data types from the SAP SWCV, and allowed me make my choice.

Cheers,

TerryB

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By this you have touched on a feature called dependency in SWCs so that objects of SAP SWC are visible and available to use in custom SWC.

Ambrish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

you need to create a new Datatype and "+" button to add the field names inside the Datatype.

Please refer below link for reference.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4013f6bb-7ec3-2b10-62b5-e5be01e49...

Thanks,

Naveen

former_member203650
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Naveen, but you appear to be missing my point. I am trying to AVOID creating a new data type by using a data type enhancement instead. if I create a new data type i will have to make other mods to the SAP-delivered IR content in order to use the new data type; I am trying to avoid making any direct changes to the SAP-delivered IR content.