cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to do availability check during creating handling unit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

customers are facing one issue.  how to do availability check during creating handling unit? The packaging materials are not available, but the HU can still be created in SAP. Is there a solution for this?

thanks for any help.

cheers,

Yu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you creating the Handling Unit during the Sales Order creation or during delivery process ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

creating HU is during delivery process.

thank you.

regards,

Yu

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do availability check during the delivery process.

This should easily fit in with the packing process. You can check in the ATP Logic for this. Normally, only if the material to be delivered is available it is possible to pack or assigned handling unit.

Thanks. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks so much for your reply.

Could you explain me how to do ATP logic? I create outbound delivery using VL01N. Then create TO using LT03: pick&pack. how can I do Availability check in this step? which transaction code should I use?

thanks!

best regards,

Yu

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is done in the customizing and then it impacts the delivery process.

I do not remember the exact path in Shipping but I believe it reaches the same screen. Here is how you can reach the screen. 

T. Code: SPRO

Sales & Distribution > Basic Functions > Availability Check & Transfer of Requirements > Availability Check against ATP Logic > Carry out control for Availability Check.

I do not have the SAP Log In currently it might be a bit off in terms of the path. 

Thanks.