Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alt Calculation routine Prerequisite

vijaymanikandan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a condition type which has a access sequence and condition record and requirement routine and alternative calculation routine also.

I have a case where the requirement is satisfied but no condition record found. Now will the calculation routine be called or not? Is the condition record must be found to get into the Alt calculation routine ?

If this is the case then can we make the system to call the Alt calculation routine even though the condition record is missing?

Thanks in advance

Vijay V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

If this is the case then can we make the system to call the Alt calculation routine even though the condition record is missing?

Alt cal type is a piece of code.

If the logic of the code does not need to refer to a condition record, then a record is not needed.

If the logic needs a record (e.g. record has information such as 5% of a value) then for the Alt Cal type to work a record is must.

Most important is for what scenario / requirement is the code (of Alt Cal typ) written!

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally Alternative calculation type is used to calculate condition value using the formula instead of condition type

For example

Routine 11:

This will calculate the profit margin by deduction the sales price and cost price

so in this case we will not maintain any condition record

try to explore the standard pricing to find some more examples

regards,

santosh

vijaymanikandan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I understand the use of Calculate routine but question can these be used in combination??

If I have a condition record found  then the calculation routine is called but I want to use the calculation routine also in the case if there is no condition record found. Also need to understand why is the calculation routine not called if the condition record is not found.

Regards

Vijay V

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think in this regard you have to go with your own pricing routine in VOFM.

Please discuss the logic with your ABAPer to create a new routine number and assign it in the pricing procedure.

Thanks,

Suman$

vijaymanikandan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman

We are having a routine already. But the problem is the routine is not triggering. It is configured in VOFM and V/06.

Doubt here is if we can use the condition tables (access sequence) and the calculation routine in combination and if the condition is not found will the condition routine be called ?

Regards,

Vijay V

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

It will be difficult as cal type is use to determine a value on some basis. without having a value base it will be difficult to do the same in standard system.  But you can discuss the same with your technical guy and define a logic for the same. Please let us know if you come to any conclusion.

Thanks,

Sumeet Sah

vijaymanikandan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have solved it in one way.

Created one condition record with the highest level for example Company code and Sales org and maintained a dummy condition so that the condition record is found and then also the calculation routine is used. The same condition type is used in different access sequence as well and it works as desired with condition records only as well.

Thanks for all the support but appreciate if someone can share any other solution as well.

Regards,

Vijay V