cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice to JDBC synchronous

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a requirement, Webservice <-----> PI 7.11 <------> JDBC, Third party is sending webservice.

1. As soon we receive webservice message, it need to be archived in file system

2. Insert data into multiple tables in a single call

3. Synchronous response to third party webservice, response should contain some key fields of sent message along with success or failure flag

4. Synchronous fault response during any technical failure in map or DB operations.

I am using sender SOAP channel, from DB i am getting success "1" response, how can i populate key fields from the sent message to the soap response.

Regards

Subba Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbarao,

>>>As soon we receive webservice message, it need to be archived in file system

this step does not show in interface flow you gave.

I guess your question is more on updating multiple tables in DB and sending the response back to web service with key fields.

Design a stored procedure(which does the update on DB tables) and returns a response with key fields with success or failure field.

Stored procedures work fine with SQL/DB2 but there are limitations in Oracle. you may check on SCN on Oracle version.

Ambrish

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use stored procedure at receiver end so that you can build write logic to send key fields as a response to JDBC.

If you want to archive file then you have to use BPM because sync scenarions wont support having two receivers in receiver determination.

to deal with technical errors implement alert mechanism or in BPM you can catch exceptions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbarao,

Once DB is done, while doing response mapping (SOAP response to Webservice), use JDBC Lookup function and extract key fields that are updated in request mapping in DB. So using JDBC lookup, you can send back the keyfields to your web service.

Thanks,

Rajendra