cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Safety stock method and CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus -

I have maintained the product master settings for Safety Stock method type(SB) and have maintained some value for Safety stock Qty. When I run CTM, CTM does not respect the Safety stock quantity. I have a demand of 100 and safety stock of 50 but still system generates a Preq of just 100 and not 150. When I run heuristic, it does create a Preq of 150.

In the help document for Standard safety stock, it says " values defined in the product master are considered by SNP Heuristic and optimizer. Does that mean that CTM does not even look at these? Do the Safety stock quantities have to be Livecache orders for CTM to respect safety stock values?

Appreciate any help!

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Supply tab in the CTM profile => Check Build up Safety stock, & Note Safety day's supply.

/shibu

Thanks for rewarding points if this is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shibu -

Thanks for the reply. I have maintained "Buildup Safety stock" in the CTM profile but I think Note Safety Days supply comes into picture only when we use the method SZ or SM. The method here is SB? Please let me know if I am wrong.

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

When you use 'Build Safety Stock' you also need to use a variable control parameter SSTOCK_MODE with Value1=X.

CTM planning ignores the 'Build Safety STock' set indicator if you have specified SS method SB or SM and selected in the current planning version under PP/DS: Consider Safety Stock, the option Consider Safety Stock in liveCache.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the process of upgrading from 4.0 to 5.0 and this does not work in 5.0!. CTM does not respect safety stock. It was working fine in 4.0.

Safety stock method SB, Build up safety stock parameter checked and SSTOCK_MODE with Value1=X.

Did anyone have this problem?

Appreciate any help!

Varun