Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOP and Unconfirmed SO quantities

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is as below -

An order is partially confirmed when BOP was run, say yesterday.

When the BOP is run today again, it should consider only the open quantity of the sales order and give the confirmations. Confirmed quantities should not be considered for processing.

Please let me know if this can be solved.

Regards,

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YR,

You can mapped this requiremenmt by below settings in BOP-

In Parameters Process Tab- If you are using both Allocation & ATP check, then select both Product Check & Allocation else select Product Check & allocation respectively.

In Parameters Check Tab- In Check of , select only Request.

In Workilist--->Filter------>Confirmaion Situation- In confirmation on, select Reqest Date(part),Delvry Propsal(Part) & select Without Confirmation.

Plz run BOP with above settings and check.

Thanks,

Anita

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anita/Sourabh,

I had tried with the suggested options, but the behaviour did not change.

Regards,

Yogesh

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yogesh

Answer to your problem lies in the combination of check boxes which you will need to select from filter variant.  Please test the combination of partial confirmation with check boxes from Red box below. This may help you.

One thing is very clear -

Within Partially Confirmed order - there are only two possible cases 1st Case. Partially Confirmed Qty and On Requested Date 2nd Case.  Partially Confirmed Qty but NOT On Requested Date.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

It should work with all above mentioned settings by me. Any ways, Do one thing, first try this with two checks only -1) Requested date ( Part) & 2) Without Confirmation.

If this is not working then try with different different combinations of checks in confirmation situation .

Thanks,

Anita

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anita/Satish,

I tried the suggestions given by you. But the behavior is still the same.

It is not retaining the quantity on the date 'D-2' it is pushing the confirmation to today's date.

Regards,

Yogesh

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yogesh

As you mentioned you have sales orders which are partially confirmed meaning you have Schedule line(SL)#1 with confirmed qty and SL#2 which has some open(unconfirmed) qty.  You do not want to lose the confirmation of SL#1 after running the BOP or in other words, you do want to reschedule SL#1 after running the BOP.

In this case, one oblivious solution would be running the delivery creation job just before the BOP job, if SL#1 is confirmed against Stock, then delivery will get created for the same(provided it is into the date range for delivery creation).  Now when you will run BOP next time, it will only process an open qty which is available in SL#2. SL#1 for which delivery is already created will not get picked during BOP.

But if SL#1 is confirmed against future receipts(like PO or ASN) then even after running Delivery Creation(which usually considers only Physical stock), it will not create delivery for SL#1. However in this case, if BOP is run it should help improve Delivery date or improve Confirmed Qty requires having correct sorting criteria. Usually this kind of rescheduling is acceptable to the business.  If it is not acceptable to business, then it would be interesting to know the business rationale and real requirement for the same.

Please let me know if above explanation helps.

Thank you
Satish Waghmare

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi YR,

This can be achieved through deselecting "Product Check" option under "New Distribution for" on Parameters Process tab.

try this out and see if you are getting desired results with this.

Rgds

Sourabh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi YR,

Are you able to resolve your issue, please let me know if you still face any issue.

Rgds

Sourabh

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello YR.,

You can achieve this by executing the BOP with the following setting. Please let me know if you're able to achieve the desired results.

Selecting "Check of "Request" will consider the whole line item, however selecting "Check of Confirmation" will consider only the unconfirmed line. Let me know if you have any question

Thank you

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

The "Check of Confirmation" will consider only the "Confirmed Quantities" and not the "Unconfirmed Quantities".

So if a sales orders has requested qty of 100 and confirmed quantity of 70, then with "Check of Confirmed Quantities", BOP will plan for this 70 quantity and will check if it can be confirmed as per the requested date.

To meet the requirements of YR, BOP needs to run at a schedule line level and in the filter, he should select "Without Confirmation" in the filter in the "Confirmation situation" in the  filter tab.

Regards,

Mitesh

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Mitesh for clearing the gap. I incorrectly understood it before.

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mitesh,

Thanks for the reply. But the 'without confirmation' indicator considers only the orders which are not confirmed 'at all'. It does not consider 'partially confirmed' sales orders. In our case we need to process partially confirmed sales orders as well but during processing partially confirmed quantities should remain untouched.

Also what do you mean by running BOP at schedule line level. As per my understanding all schedule lines are re-considered for processing during BOP. Please clarify my understanding.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Normally BOP is run at a line item level. But it is possible to run it at a schedule line level as well.

For example, there is a sales order SO123 with line item 10. It has a requested date of 07/31/2013 and quantity requested is 100. When the order was ATPed, it got confirmation of 50 on 07/31/2013 and another 50 of 08/10/2013. So this line item now has two schedule lines, one of 07/31/2013 and other for 08/10/2013.

If you run BOP at a line item level,BOP only considers the CRD which was 07/31/2013 and the requested quantity which is 100. It doesn't care how much was confirmed and when it was confirmed. It will try to meet the CRD.

But if you run BOP at a schedule line level, then it will see two lines, one for 07/31/2013 for 50 and another 50 for 08/10/2013. In this case, it will treat these two separately  and would try to meet the dates.

So in your scenario, if only partial quantity is satisfied then if you run BOP at a schedule line level with "Without Confirmation" option, it should consider only that schedule line which is not confirmed.

The setting to run BOP at schedule line level is at SPRO>>>>APO>>>GATP>>>BOP>>>Define Check Level. Here for each ATP category you can set the indicator to run at schedule line level or not.

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mitesh,

Thanks again.

Our scenario is bit different. An example is give below.

Day D-2 D-1 D0 D+1
Allocations 100100100100
SO quantity150
Confirmed quantity 100
Balance SO quantity  50

As given in the above example, confirmation of 100 was done on 'D-2'. When I run the BOP today (D0), only 50, the balance quantity, should be considered for re-processing. Past confirmations for 100 units should remain untouched.  We are following daily bucket for allocation check. No future deliveries.

Yogesh

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yogesh,

If this is something to do with allocation, I have a question with respect to above scenario.

Why're you not considering the allocation of 100CS on D-1 ? Any reason ? Because when you run BOP, you can look for the allocation with respect to the document date ( MBDAT / DLV Date ) in the respective bucket right ?

For example, on D-2; the MBDAT of the document maps with D-2 correctly and hence it picked up 100 CS of allocation and for the remaining quantity, forward scheduling is applied and it moved the date to a future date ( which could be D-1 ? ). In that case, you can try to consider the allocation in the future buckets during the order creation itself by defining the allocation consumption logic ( defined at the Product Allocation Group ). You can set either backward consumption or forward consumption depending on your requirement.

Please let us know if I understood the issue correctly.

Babu Kilari

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Thanks for the reply.

I will elaborate it further. We are not using cummlative consumption (neither backwards/nor forwards).

The example which I have illustrated -

The order was created on D-2 and it got confirmed on D-2 for 100 units.

After that say no BOP was run on D-1. BOP is run on D0. System should consider only the balance quantity of 50 units to check against todays allocations instead of considering the entire quantity of 150.

Hope this time I have given more clarity to the issue.

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will possible if you run BOP at a schedule line level. At  a line item level, it won't be possible to run BOP only to fulfill the unconfirmed quantity.