cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience Share with upgrading from SP7 to SP8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can the guys who upgraded from SP7 to SP8 share their experience and tell if they had any issues ?

I've just patched SP7 with Upgrade 2, and I would like to go directly to SP8 but I'm afraid it will cause issues (like I already had before).

SP7 Upgrade 2 doesn't solve the bug of deleting roles after import, so I would like to quickly go to SP8.

Thx,

Nicolas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nicolas.

I'm not doing an upgrade, but I'm in the process of installing it now.

As you might have seen from another SCN post, I'm having issues installing the new SCA files.  Part of this might be due to the changes in NetWeaver from 7.2 to 7.3.  Originally I was doing this on NW 7.3, but there seem to be some issues that you need to be at SP8 or 9 (can't remember) in order to get the new functionality.  The other alternative is to go to NW 7.3 EHP1.  I got that downloaded and installed yesterday (doing this on the side since I'm on an unrelated project at the moment) and hopefully I will get SP8 installed directly and running by tomorrow evening.

So far the big lesson learned is to make sure that if you want the new stuff, have the right NetWeaver stack in place, and as always, keep the BASIS team happy since you'll need their help. As SCN is my BASIS team at the moment, a hearty THANKS! To those of you who have helped out as I try to get this running.  Should I see you at TechEd or another event, I owe you a beer, coffee or beverage of your preference.

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Indeed, I read your problems wit SP8, it's why I prefered to ask the question before making the jump.

I want to put SP8 to solve the last problem I have (deletion of roles), for the rest, I'm happy with SP7 upgrade 2.

I haven't helped you, but I do accept a drink if I go to SAP TechEd 😛

Please keep me posted about your impression on SP8 (as a blog or answer here).

Thanks again,

Nicolas.

PS : Ok, I owe you a beer 😉

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nicolas,

Any time! Always glad to help and share!

Yes as soon as I get it all working I will be posting.

Will you be at TechEd?  I'm 99% sure I'll be there.  As soon as I have it locked in I'll be posting about a meet up.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

I would like to come, I have to check with my employer.

It would be a pleasure for me to see the people from SCN and specially IDM Topic.

Hope to see you there.

Nicolas.