Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count number of alternative unit of material against delivery qty

former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have maintained two unit like base unit (KG) and alternative unit (Boxes) in material master. Our base unit and sale unit are same. Our requirement is, we need to develop some custom report with number of alternative unit (like how many no of boxes/pallets) against sales order qty as well as delivery qty. Is it possible to add the alternative unit in sales order screen / Delivery screen? From which table we will get this conversion factor either in material master table or in sales table itself? Is there any settings to add this alternative qty as well unit in sales order / delivery screen without using any user exit? any suggestion please

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

we need to develop some custom report with number of alternative unit (like how many no of boxes/pallets) against sales order qty as well as delivery qty. Is it possible to add the alternative unit in sales order screen / Delivery screen? From which table we will get this conversion factor either in material master table or in sales table itself? Is there any settings to add this alternative qty as well unit in sales order / delivery screen without using any user exit?

The boxes or Pallets comes to the picture at Delivery level only .I am not sure ,to adding the ALT unit in SO or Delivery but I think,you can by code with ABAPer level.You can get those details by Material Tables .Not sure this is possible or not by without user exit .

Note : Write now ,I dont have system to see also .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184737
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Thanks for your reply. We have also already planned for custom report only. Before that i want to know is there any functionality to achieve this requirement. Which user exit we want to use to add this filed, our ultimate requirement is to display this Box/pallet in custom report by calculating conversion qty between basic unit with alternative unit. One more thing, the materials base unit is TON, some times we will sale this material with the same unit as Ton , some times will sale with the unit KG. In material master we already maintained the conversion for Ton with Box. How can we find out the number of boxes/pallets based on sales unit ( More than one ).

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SKA,

Due to you are creating a report, so I do not think addition field in sales order is very helpful, please just keep UOM in sales doc is the real one (such as you sales in ton, then sales order item should maintained in ton) then ask ABAPer use MARM table to process UOM conversion in your report.

With best regards

Jian

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are selling in Tons & KG only then your ABAPer has to insert a simple logic in his code - where if Sales Units = KG, divide by 1000 & get Tons.

Now once you have all the Sales units in Tons, it will be easy to convert into Boxes by referring to MARM Table & getting conversion factor from Tons to Boxes. .

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta