SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Process in IS Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client having business scenario like manufacturing plant and own Retail chain.

Is it possible to achieve both Manufacturing scenario and Retail in same IS retail system or do we need separate server for manufacturing (ECC) and separate for IS?

If manufacturing possible in IS retail, BOM/Routing creation are same as ECC or different.

Please any one provide the step how to achieve production process in IS retail.

Thanks in Advance.

S. Babusingh

7 REPLIES 7

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, you can do it, but you need to define the views in the article (tcode MM42). So, in logistic, distribution center (the usual is that manufacturing activities are located in DC) you have to view this

remember to set the proper values in table MARC, as procurement type (in MRP/forecast data), scheduling, planing (strategy group), BOM explosion or repetitive manufacturing if it matters.

Customizing is the same than in ERP.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

0 Kudos

Dear Eduardo,

Thanks for your good response.

In IS retail, the production process are same as ECC or different?

1. BOM Creation
  2. Routing Creation
  3. Production creation
  4. Production Confirmation
  5. Production Goods Receipt etc.,

1. In ECC we are using Material master, but in IS retail Article master. Is it the article master will support all the above process.
  2. Is it possible to achieve both Manufacturing scenario and Retail in same IS retail system or do we need separate server for manufacturing (ECC) and separate for IS?

Thanks,

S. Babusingh

0 Kudos

Hi

All is the same, the same tcodes for customizing and the same transactions for data master and for processes.

For instance, for BOM, you have CS01, CS02, moreover CS20 for mass changes.

Routings, CA01 as in ERP. Versions works also.

Notifications: CO11N (or MFBF for repetitive manufacturing).

I remember than for MPS you need to add the article in an assortment if you want MD40 works (for a single article with MD41 works although the article is not in an assortment).

Think all relevant data is stored in the same table: MARC.

Planing and CM21 / CM25 work also. COGI (if the article has the flag) too.

The main trouble is learn where are the same data than in material (in material you have the data in views MRP1 to MRP4) and in article the same data are 'hidden' during the first week. Don't worry if you came from ERP or ECC, I remember as a nightmare the first time I saw an article where I discover I didn't have materials.

You have to do the right settings for the article / material to achieve the views (change 01 by 03 -retail-). I suggest to unflag the relation with CO and try to do a production order with CO01 and do the notification.

When you check that all PP works, if you activate CO-PC you could see product costing (with the proper customizing) will work too (ie: CK11N and/or CK40N work also).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Message was edited by: Eduardo Hinojosa

0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

I'm implemented the PP module in SAP Retail and I'm able to create and realease a Production Order but, when I execute the MB31 transaction to save a good receipt this is not linked to the Production Order (in MSEG there is the material document but no linked to Production Order).

Have you any idea?

Have I to use a different transaction?

I tried also the BAPI to save goods movements but the problem is still facing.

thank you for your support.

regards,

Maria

0 Kudos

Hi

Check the route in tcode CA02, set control key PP03, so during the notification (eg: CO11N) it will do the movement (mov 101 if in your customizing is 101)

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

PD: I forgot, check also tcode COGI

0 Kudos

thanks Eduardo,

i tried but i did not work.

my requirement is to use MB31 (so good receipt without confirmation) and the problem is that the 101 is saved in the stock but it is not linked to the production order. In this way I see it in MD04 always open!

I have never been worked with Retail environment so i don't know if some customizing  is necessary.

thank you!

MG

0 Kudos

Hi

Check your settings in tcode OPL8. See note 1898443 - Goods movements for the order cannot be displayed in t-code CO03 for further information.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo