Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will we get IDES access key?

former_member207873
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I believe that we require an access key to create our own databases and program when we use IDES for the first time. How can we get the access key for IDES? I have one more query. Is IDES an exact replica of the SAP implemented system.  In case of SAP version changes, does the new IDES also get released in compliance with the new SAP system?

Regards,

Sam.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

IDES are basically SAP internal Demo systems which has some standard SAP data and demo clients.

For each SAP release and Product there is a different IDES system.

You can register the IDES system on SAP site and request for access key or license key that is required.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

chinmaya-99
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

While generating the access key for IDES system it's only allowing to create/modify for zprograms.

But my query is i need to change the standard program called enhancement so in this case how i will get access key for standard programs in IDES system

Correct answer will be appreciated 🙂

Regards,

Chinmaya Pattnaik

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) I believe that we require an access key to create our own databases and program when we use IDES for the first time.

yes u need an access key when u are going to do developer role.

If u work in orginaztion contact basis people for acess they will get the key for u.

if it is ur person who ons the system and if u are the admin even though u need the acess for devlopment activities

go through the below discussion

http://scn.sap.com/thread/583127

2)Is IDES an exact replica of the SAP implemented system.  In case of SAP version changes, does the new IDES also get released in compliance with the new SAP system?

Ides is an Internet Demonstration and Evaluation System.

they contain data of company called IDES which is an model company.

it is used to demonstrate solutions which are offered by sap .

If the version changes sap will release an IDES for it. If it is an R3 system.

IDES are also known as internal demo system maintained by sap. we will get a copy of it by

installing IDES.

Regards,

Manoj.

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAM,

Yes , IDES is version specific . And SAP delivers the standard configs and demo data with the system and you are not supposed to edit the configuration in IDES system and so no question of access key comes in case of IDES (if you are checking developer access key or Object access key) .

Licensing part , you will get the IDES with the actual license for the products you purchased . Eg: If you have the ECC product license, you can get the DVDs for the ECC iDES . Hope its clear .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

former_member207873
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nibu,

I tried to create a database table in IDES and it asked for access key. I did a research on internet, then there were many people who have raised similar issue. Are you trying to say that there is no need to have access keys? So why it is asking for access key when trying to create a data base table or program.

Regards,

Sam.

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Are you creating a new table lor copying from existing table, if you have create a table, you need developer access key , suppose if you are changing the existing table or program - it will ask for the object access key.

If you have registered your system in SMP, select your test system and register developer or object access key

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

OK , you are trying kind of configs in IDES and trying to customize the SAP provided standard stuffs. Right ? You are not supposed to change such things in IDES rather you  do it in your SANDBOX system if available.  Anyhow , if still you need to change the SAP provided demo system, you need to generate the access keys as described above  like.. service market place > SCCR Keys > ....etc .

Remember , these keys you cant register only for IDES system, these are registered for the particular installation number of your product . I mean , if you are registering a developer access key for a user in ECC IDES , it is not only for the IDES, but all your ECC systems with the same installation number , it is applicable . I would recommend not to register any unneeded Objects Keys simply playing with IDES, as all the registrations are recorded .

former_member207873
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nibu,

I am an ABAPER and I am supposed to give training to the junior staff. So creating data base tables and programs are the basic things which I have to explain them in practical classes. If IDES is just for the purpose of viewing all transaction codes, what is the real objective of having IDES? How does registering on IDES will have ill effects on ECC systems?

Regards,

Sam.

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Do you have a license for your Product ? If you have license , then no matter , you can generate the developer key, object key etc. If  you decided to edit the IDES stuff , go ahead by generating the key . I was  telling you about the Best Practices .

Obviously IDES is not meant for any kind for custom configurations .

How does registering on IDES will have ill effects on ECC systems?

I explained you registering the license key is not for a single system, its for the installation number .

You go ahead to register the Developer Key, you ll be more clear . You should have a valid license for all these registration

former_member207873
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nibu,

Yes, I do have the license since the company (Client) where I am working have already purchased SAP.   I understand the point you are trying to state. So can you please tell me in the organizations you have worked, how the ABAP developers used to give training to the junior programmers? Is there any means other than IDES to explain the programming concepts.

Regards,

Sam.

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

You can give it in your sandbox system . Or make a separate training system, you can license the system as test system . Then you can go ahead .

0 Kudos

Hi sam,

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/notes. Goto Keys & Requests -> SSCR Keys -> Register Developer. is the link to generate developer keys which is unique for each user in each separate installation.

Regards,

Vel